PDA

View Full Version : KP Options Set or a la carte?

mrseldoo
02-10-2010, 11:33 AM
After reading through tons and tons of reviews and posts, I decided on KP options nickel plated interchangables.

The question I have is should I buy the set or pick certain sizes to order? What sizes do you use most?

Jannette
02-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I'd order the set, you'll have them then and there are only a few other sizes of tips to buy.

Mike
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Set.

At least if you're like me and have an OCD thing where you'll end up buying them all whether you'll use them or not.

Ellieblue
02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
I ordered the sizes I needed. Started with 5,6,7,8 and 32" cables.

suzeeq
02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Depends on which sizes you use most. I wouldn't have any use for sizes under 8, some people wouldn't use anything above a 9. Someone posted that even if you bought them by the individual sizes you only save about $10, but I think the set comes with a carry case, so that's worth something too - if you'd need it.

mrseldoo
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Thank you to every one for their thoughts. I really like the binder they sell for organizing needles and supplies too.....

Lisa R.
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I bought the set because when I started knitting, I'd see a project that called for one size, and the next project called for another size...After about the 4th needle purchase from Wal-mart, I found out about the KP sets, and bought it, because it was a good bit cheaper than continuing to buy a new individual one every time I needed a project.

Besides, if you're buying from KP, you get free shipping on orders over $50...so they'd either be more expensive with shipping individually, or you'll spend tons buying up to $50 with every needle purchase. :)

Now, I never have to worry whether I have the right size needles for a project---I know that I do!

AngelaR
02-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Right now I am campaigning for a set. My selling point this week is "Well, if I get the set, then you won't have to keep driving me up to the craft stores to see if I can get the size I need locally, then finding out I can't, drive back home and have to order them online and pay shipping." Yeah, this will work! :roflhard:

Lynnkay
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
After reading through tons and tons of reviews and posts, I decided on KP options nickel plated interchangables.
The question I have is should I buy the set or pick certain sizes to order? What sizes do you use most?

When I was just beginning to knit, I bought the entire KP set with binder and pockets. Later, I added a few tips in the larger sizes, as well as a few of the tiny fixed cable sizes, too, for sock knitting on circs. It has been wonderful! I 'always' have the right size needle for whatever project I plan to do. By being on cables, the actual knitting work is easier on my arms and hands. Also, KP has some really nice yarns at reasonable prices. I try to order only when I have the minimum amount to receive free shipping. It's really worth it.

bsh8rc
02-17-2010, 01:11 PM
I bought the set because I was tired of buying new needles for every project or not doing an awesome pattern because I didn't have the right needle size. I am now working on buy the harmonies so I can see how I like magic loop!