View Full Version : Term Ridges?

02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Hope someone help to answer, I think I know what the term ridges mean - garter stitch - knit one row, purl the next row. Making an afghan by knitting squares with the designed instruction. When starting, it asks to knit 3 ridges, now does that mean knit the two rows three times. Noting I may have done it wrong and want to do the rest of the squares correctly. Thanks for help in advance.

02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
You are correct...knit one row, purl one row three times (6 rows but 3 ridges).


02-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Sincere thanks JudyD. So now I will have to figure on adding a few rows when I started my first square from the beginning. I know it'll all work out. LOL

02-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Garter stitch is knit every row. Two row equal "one ridge." So 3 ridges=knit 6 rows.

Stockinette is knit 1 row, purl the next & repeat. It gives you a v pattern on one side & little bumps on the other.