PDA

View Full Version : Vent-Knitting pattern errors

Abby123
02-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Well, from the title you can guess where this is going.

I started a wrap pattern from Interweave Knits-Fall 09 for the Every Way Wrap. It has an interesting reversible cable pattern that was just too tempting. So I cast on & followed the chart. After a few inches, it didn't look right. But I thought it was because of the set up row for the cables on the opposite side. Nope, it was a mess. Checked my stitches, checked the chart, repeat-till I wanted to tear out my hair. Figured, I must have miscounted somewhere. So ripped it out.

Second time, checked each row carefully as I work. You guessed it. Same problem. This time I quit sooner.

Off I went to their website. Yep, the key for the chart was wrong.

Third time is a charm. Only after all this trouble I decide I don't like the look of the pattern. The fabric bunches up too much because of the crisscrossing cables. Even when I went up 2 needle sizes.

So after all this work. I passed on making the wrap anyway.

But I did learn to always check the websites for pattern errors upfront.

Jan in CA
02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Yep, always check for errata before starting a pattern. Errors can happen at several different points in pattern production.

Belphoebe
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
I feel your pain. I learned the check for errors strategy that way too. Hope you can find another use for the yarn!

AngelaR
02-22-2010, 07:13 PM
I understand your pain. I wish I had some recommendation for the frustration, but I think I actually dug a hole I put a huge bush in. At least the gardening went right.

Abby123
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm sure I'll find something else to do with the yarn. I'm kicking myself for not thinking to check for errors first. A lesson learned.