PDA

View Full Version : So frusterated!!!

knitternmom
03-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Ok, so I picked my afgan back up after I posted here about ripping it over and over again. Got the border (first 8 rows) done and put in a lifeline. Thought I was soooo smart! Well, I messed up on row 11... looks like a dropped stitch to my unschooled eye.. like a "run" in the fabric. So i watched the video of how to fix that a dozen times and tried it and STILL don't think i'm doing it right.

So I got all emotional and started crying and ripped it to the lifeline. Got to row 12 and same thing! So I just pulled the whole thing apart!! Threw it in a corner and declaring I didn't really want to make it to begin with!!!

**Side note: My doggie is super sick and may not make it. Waiting on a call from the vet so i'm sure that had a lot to do with the crying spell.***

Belphoebe
03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I hope he is able to pull through.

Like you said, your mind may not have been in knitting, and it is completely understandable as to why. Leave the project for a while and maybe you will regain interest to try again.

Hang in there! :hug:

Jan in CA
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Oh I'm sorry about your dog! That's really hard to deal with. :hug:

As for the project - why don't you work on something else for awhile. Knit on something that is easy and quick like a hat or dishcloths or whatever. Always good to have projects like that for times like this. :thumbsup:

borealowl
03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I totally understand and have been there more than once myself. Put it aside for now. I have different projects for different moods. As a dog person I understand. Hope he's OK.

Woodi
03-09-2010, 05:58 PM
So sorry to hear about your dog. I agree that you should just put the afghan aside for now....maybe make something really small if you do feel like knitting, just until you get your 'knit-legs' back again. :heart:

Abby123
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM
My german shepherd is 13yo. She is in pretty good health for her age. But I know she only has a few more years. My heart goes out to you. I hope your dog is okay.

I'm one of those people who doesn't wait patiently when I'm stressed. I need something to keep me distracted & blow off that extra energy. So I pace, or clean, or exercise. Or work on some pattern complicated enough that I have to pay attention & it gives me something to do with my hands. Even if I rip the whole thing out later. It helps me pass the time.

AngelaR
03-10-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I know I'd be in too bad of a state worrying about mine that I doubt even knitting squares would calm me down or look good for the effort.

Put the blanket aside until later. Concentrate on you, your family and your cherished pet.

Jannette
03-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your precious doggie. I hope you get good news from the vet. I've been there too and understand how you feel. Crying is perfectly understandable. I agree, do something simple so you can occupy your hands and don't have to worry about ruining a big project. I'm sure you'll want to pick it up later. Hugs to you..

Crycket
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Dogs are truely family. Best Friends! *hugs*

I once had my dog swallow an entire pack of my beading needles. I totally understand the anxiety!

She was fine in the end....It was me who was beside myself!