PDA

View Full Version : Fail....

Crycket
03-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I was knitting myself a teacozy http://www.debibirkin.com/inc/sdetail/4242 and I got to the seaming it up part, just to find out my teapot was 38 oz, instead of 32....(2 pint)

Since this piece is made up on the teapot, I am stuck til I can get one....*sigh*...I am decidedly upset! :pout:

I should have checked my teapot first...*sigh*

Thestrel
03-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Awww...that's too bad! I would totally do something like that.

On the other hand, that teapot cozy is so cute it makes me want to go buy a teapot just so I have a reason to buy the pattern and knit it!!!

Abby123
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeh, the mouse lid is adorable.

Belphoebe
03-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh that is too bad! On the up side, that is the most adorable tea cozy I have ever seen!

Crycket
03-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Isn't it though...I was trying not to spend money and I couldn't help myself. I couldn't take my eyes off it. I though I had a standard teapot, but apparently I don't. I will now have to spend more money to have a second teapot....Gosh the things we do for our craft!!

luvmykid28
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
That is the cutest teacozy I've ever seen.

Abby123
03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I will now have to spend more money to have a second teapot....Gosh the things we do for our craft!!

Couldn't you just reknit the base of the teapot? Looks like straightforward striping in stockinette with openings for the spout & handle. If the mouse lid, you already knit, is too small. Add a row of single crochet around to make it wider.

Crycket
03-11-2010, 01:17 AM
it is done in two pieces on the sides, the mouse it built on the top.

In theory it could be ripped all the way back and done again, I would need to add stitches to both sides, and really the mouse could stay the same size...unfortuatly, it isn't the mouse I was worried about....

The pattern calls for 25 gms of each the white and the blue. I had just under 50 in Sirdar Baby Bamboo (which of course is shorter yardage than what the pattern was calling for) I was just squeaking by. I have enough to safely sew up with some extra, but definatly not to start making the the pattern up again.

This project has actually been the first I haven't had to go and buy anything for, it was all oddments...

This time, it would have to be new smaller teapot, or bust....

Thanks for the idea though!!

Mirl56
03-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Do you have a 3rd color of the same or similar yarn? could you add another color stripe?

it really is toooo cute!

Crycket
03-11-2010, 02:21 PM
at this point...it is ready in pieces, just needs to be put together...it really will be easier to get a teapot....*smiles*

Mirl56
03-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Oh, well - happy shopping then!! :muah:

kellyh57
03-12-2010, 05:34 PM
The pattern is European. Maybe it's a standard European size whereas you have a standard Canadian size? I know drink containers are different in other parts of the world so maybe teapots are too???