PDA

View Full Version : OT-Spring Forward

Abby123
03-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I woke up & am laying in bed. Thinking I have another hour & 15mins to sleep.

Then it occurred to me. Today we changed the clocks.

I sure could have used that extra hour of sleep.

suzeeq
03-14-2010, 12:03 PM
I sure could have used that extra hour of sleep.

You'll get it back in November....

Abby123
03-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the chuckle Sue.

At least after my first cup of coffee, I feel human. Not exactly sharp & alert, but am getting there.

Jan in CA
03-14-2010, 02:15 PM
I woke up within the range I normally do so I had enough sleep. But, I picked up my iTouch that was next to me and the time shocked me at first! I couldn't believe I'd slept that late... Then I remembered the time change. :teehee:

bambi
03-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I have no problem with the fall time change but I'm a mess in the spring. It takes me weeks to get back on schedule. I really need the morning sun to help me wake up.

And, if we only are doing standard time for 4 months out of the year, what makes it "standard"?

AngelaR
03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I recognize time as a human construct and thus find it silly, the whole daylight savings thing. It's stupid and outdated and should be stopped, because it really does mess a lot of people up. And I always remember Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker's Guide: Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.

Crycket
03-15-2010, 02:04 PM
I recognize time as a human construct and thus find it silly, the whole daylight savings thing. It's stupid and outdated and should be stopped, because it really does mess a lot of people up. And I always remember Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker's Guide: Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.

The only reason we needed it was to preserve daylight. In a time before electricity, that made sense! I agree, there is no need for it!

kellyh57
03-16-2010, 10:43 AM
It's supposed to help with energy conservation. It supposedly makes us use less energy to warm/cool buildings and turn lights off. At least that's what they said when they changed it a few years ago. It actually did the opposite though. Not only did every single object that knows about DST have to be reprogrammed, but now it's dark at 8 am and lights have to be turned on! Yeah, it's nice that it's still light at 7 pm, but it will be in a few weeks whether or not we changed the clocks, it's just a matter of how soon it is.

I hate DST because my husband has to work every single time. He goes in and has to shut down computers and restart them with a program telling them that the time has changed. It's a pain in the behind! I'm all for getting rid of DST! Save the money and energy on programming everything and the weeks it takes to get used to the new clock!

Jan in CA
03-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm retired, but it's just a pain in the neck. Humans don't need to control everything. Let's let nature control the sunrises and sunsets as it has done for eons. If you don't like it this month it will be different next month. :lol: