PDA

View Full Version : Help! Yarn insufficient! Blanket

blueygh2
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Ok, some time ago, I posted a story of me buying 18 skeins of pure bamboo yarn. I didn't know what do make out of it, but I wanted pure bamboo yarn anyway. :happydance:

Now I found something to do with it, a blanket for the hot days.
The problem is that after finishing one skein, I get about 2 inches of blanket. With 18 skeins, this is just not big enough. :pout:

The lady that sold me the yarn regretted having bought it, so I guess she won't restock, and I haven't found it anywhere else either.

I thought about lengthening it with the silk yarn I bought, 6 skeins, 98% silk.
Even the tofutsies might flow into it... (2 skeins)

I'm a bit desperate. :help:

And hoping that blocking would stretch it a little (or rather more than a little :teehee: ), but I don't think that bamboo stretches well. Its like cotton... :sad:

It's "fonty bambou". The other ones are "Lang Silk" and "tofutsies".

What do you think? Should I order more of the bamboo yarn (I have found a shop that would ship it), or integrate the other possible yarns?

Jan in CA
04-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Have you tried eBay and Ravelry? If you can't find it you could find a nice contrasting color to go with it and it would probably look nice.

ArtLady1981
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
If you can get more of the yarn, I'd get more of it.

But if not, incorporating other yarns into it will make for a very interesting, textured blanket! Perhaps you could use a *different pattern stitch (same gauge!) for the different yarns. That will make the blanket look like you did it "on purpose", not as a bailout. Could look very artsy!

*don't try to use garter stitch with st st