PDA

View Full Version : Show me your stash

N0obKnitter
04-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Inspired by lissa's impressive stash (when are you going to open a yarn store?!?) I thought it would be cool to have a stash thread...so here's my pitiful stash:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4487509253_3bd77a7096.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2637/4488158238_767428d5f2.jpg

show me yours! :woot:

alevtina
04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Here's my meager loot:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4060/4488548310_f6c9fd15bf.jpg

The two boxes hang out at the bottom of my bedroom closet. The top bin contains yarn that's been allocated for projects in my Ravelry queue (http://www.ravelry.com/people/alevtina/queue); the lower bin contains random skeins of yarn that have no purpose (yet).

N0obKnitter
04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I really like your stash...very neat and orderly and nice looking yarn, too.

Jan in CA
04-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Here's some of mine...the organized part. I also have some in the closet that is in bags sitting on my sewing machine waiting to be organized. :lol: These are in my computer/craft room. The long hanging thing is no longer there. I now have a small file cabinet that I use for patterns.

N0obKnitter
04-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Beautiful!

alevtina
04-04-2010, 01:15 AM
I really like your stash...very neat and orderly and nice looking yarn, too.

Thanks! It started out looking like yours (a skein here, a skein there...) but it quickly started to outgrow the space I had allocated for it on my bookshelf. That's when I bought the storage bins :)

When I move into a bigger apartment, I want my stash to look like Jan's! It's so organized and ... together. (Everything knit-related is kept in one area. Mine is all over the place! Needles & notions in one area, current project in another, yarn all the way in the bedroom.)

N0obKnitter
04-04-2010, 01:24 AM
You're welcome!

I'm moving in with my boyfriend end of August (giant house, by my standards...) more room for yarnage lol. I'll have to figure out some storage ideas other than my current box under/on top of chair setup. :D

AngelaR
04-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I envy Jan's organization. I showed it to my husband and he's still "thinking" about where to put it. Right now everything I have is stashed in the four drawer Rubbermaid organizers and my old knitting basket. It's pretty organized. Once my new camera cable arrives I'll post some pics. I have it all stashed under my desk, since I prefer to have a PDF copy up on my screen as it's easier to keep track of my rows that way.

Of course, my husband points out that I also own a laptop and reader that I could easily load them up on and knit anywhere, but my desk chair is amazingly comfortable and good to lean back in and just knit to my heart's content. :-P

Jan in CA
04-04-2010, 12:37 PM
My set up is from Ikea. :thumbsup: Lack of organization drives me batty and I'm more likely to use stash if I can find it. :teehee:

zara
04-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm so pleased these pictures are here. Now I can finally prove to DH that 1 bag of yarn isn't too much.

Sunshine's Mom
04-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Jan, color me green! I love it. I would love to have your set up. Just gorgeous! Yarn IS Art in and of itself.

Jan in CA
04-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Jan, color me green! I love it. I would love to have your set up. Just gorgeous! Yarn IS Art in and of itself.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! It was so pretty and the room needed more color so... voila! Worth every penny we spent in here!

rondawi
04-07-2010, 09:05 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!

melmac51
04-07-2010, 09:11 AM
As soon as I learn how to use the camera I just got from DH for my birthday, I'll take some pics of mine and try to post them here. (Jan, I may need your help.)

Jan in CA
04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
As soon as I learn how to use the camera I just got from DH for my birthday, I'll take some pics of mine and try to post them here. (Jan, I may need your help.)

Sure, just PM me. You can click the link in my signature to get info about resizing and posting, too. :thumbsup:

GinnyG
04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
This is the organized part of my stash, well sort of organized. I still have trouble remembering where things are and I have bins of yarn in closets that I have to organize. I have TRIED to keep certain types of yarn together but there is alot of oddballs skeins here and there. I love the Ravelry stash function, it helps me remember what I have.

terujoan
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Ahhh, if I had a stash like you guys it would get gobbled by the moths in five seconds! We have a nasty moth infestation and they eat anything. I tend to keep all my wool sealed in a plastic box with moth repellant and never keep it open. I used to have it just in a drawer and the moths got at it. Thankfully it wasn't much wool. I'd die if my present stash got moth eaten!

Jan in CA
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I keep my 100% wool yarn in a one of those giant ziplocs. I can't wear it so it's only used for charity and felting. I don't think I've ever seen a moth in here although I suppose they are around. We don't have many bugs at all really.

WandaT
04-08-2010, 06:24 AM
My stash is in my laundry room in those plastic bins. Not sure I can get far enough away to get a decent pic but will see if I can later today.

I wanna see ArtLady's stash!! Where are you in this thread Dollyce? ;)

Abbers1026
04-08-2010, 08:29 AM
I can't wait till I actually have a stash I'm just starting out and there's soo many pretty yarns out there I just wanna buy to have on hand to make things

margz3
04-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Hoping to add to my stash this weekend. Found a lady on craigslist selling what appears to be some fantastic yarns for only $1/skein! Going to meet her Friday night and check it out :) Then I hope to reorganize again and hopefully get a picture. Mine is kinda stashed all over the place :zombie:

zara
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
This is my small but useful stash. Not as good as some on here but it fits nicely into a shopping bag that fits under the bed.

N0obKnitter
04-12-2010, 11:26 PM
This is my small but useful stash. Not as good as some on here but it fits nicely into a shopping bag that fits under the bed.

If you have enough clearance under the bed, try those under-bed storage bins. Also, there's special bags to store clothes etc in that keep odours/dust out and have a zipper etc.

Rachljo22
04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Wow, great pics! I just started a few months ago so my stash is pretty small. I have it all in a re-useable shopping bag that hangs on the back of my bedroom door (cats can't get to it there:wink: lol.)

sissyv
04-15-2010, 12:10 AM
ok- this proves that I can never have too much yarn. Probably I'll never use all the yarn I have but I still keep buying more! I've talked with other knitters and it seems that we all have the same problem!
It must be part of the knitting addiction. All of my yarn is in a huge rubbermaid container and I have a big bag and a laundry basket full.

N0obKnitter
04-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Hoping to add to my stash this weekend. Found a lady on craigslist selling what appears to be some fantastic yarns for only $1/skein! Going to meet her Friday night and check it out :) Then I hope to reorganize again and hopefully get a picture. Mine is kinda stashed all over the place :zombie:

Score! :inlove:

offgridgirl
04-17-2010, 12:43 AM
wow you guys are really organized!! I have bags and bags... I will have to get a picture...it like xmas when I go looking...never know what I will find:teehee:

zara
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I have not been on here for a while but what is really bad is I still have almost all of that yarn & another newer bag. I should have made a new years stash busting resolution. I really should keep all the ball bands too. Totally un-organized.

CoolWool
03-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Cool thread - thanks for "waking it up", Zara! :) It's nice to see other folks' collections. I keep my tiny stash behind the couch:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/coolwool1/sm.jpg

Now I'm wanting to reorganize what I have...

zara
03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
That looks a lot tidier than mine CoolWool. I've started a baby cardigan with the spree yarn for one of my many pregnant friends.

Jan in CA
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Oh you do have a tiny stash, CW! Easier to keep organized for sure. :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Couldn't begin to fit my stash into a photo! Don't have a wide angle lens! :teehee:

HERE (http://www.ravelry.com/people/ArtLady/stash) is my Stash Folder, if you care to look!

Daylilydayzed
03-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Wow ArtLady, that is indeed a stash!

CoolWool
03-07-2011, 10:27 PM
HERE (http://www.ravelry.com/people/ArtLady/stash) is my Stash Folder, if you care to look!

:shock:

ArtLady1981
03-07-2011, 11:51 PM
This thread got me to THINKING....:figureditout:....about the size of my stash on Ravelry!

About 227 in my STASH! Ahhh, c'mon.

So I spent the last hour...going over all 227 items...and put over 100 into my WILL SELL category...and about 30 into my ALL USED UP category (if they were basically less than a skein...they went into "all used up"...and now 106 remain in my (keepers) Stash.

Well, that's a load off! :whistle:

If you are interested in rummaging my WILL SELL folder...click here. (http://www.ravelry.com/people/ArtLady/stash/trade) Although the category is technically WILL SELL or TRADE...I don't want to trade. But I'm a motivated seller. :wink:

margz3
03-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I want all of it LOL! Seriously though...I will send you a PM - there are some I am definitely interested in getting a price from you :)

MosaicTree
03-10-2011, 09:20 AM
My stash isn't half as organised as some on here! Luckily I'm not near my camera so I don't need to embarrass myself! Mune's in a large clear plastic bag which is good aqs it means that I can dig out what I'm looking for more easily. I tend to have one ball of a whole paintbox of colours as I knit small items using lots of different colours. Mine's mostly cotton rich wool - again, that's a reflectino of the accessories that I knit.

www.folksy.com/shops/MosaicTree
www.mosaictree.blogspot.com

Microwench
03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
MosaicTree- such pretty colors! I love how bright your FO's are, so cheerful!

MosaicTree
03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
@Microwench - thank you for your lovely comment.

Breezed
03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Couldn't begin to fit my stash into a photo! Don't have a wide angle lens! :teehee:

Again, you make me laugh. I wish I had more room. I have a healthy stash going for a newbie and was using one of the spare bedrooms (the top of the bed in particular) until my bf decided to let a friend move in temporarily and I had to relocate my stash to a corner in my game room. Blah!

Maybe I'll reorganize it soon and post it.

AngelaR
03-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I have a stash much like Artlady's now, and I haven't even gotten a fraction of it up on Ravelry because I haven't had any time. I've got one project left on the needles, then I begin an important sweater project for a family member next winter. I also swear I am going to knit my own summer sweater if it hairlips the pope. Hide and watch!

I'm going to stash bust this summer on some Lincoln Afghans for the VA here in town.