PDA

View Full Version : Rib stitch rincreases

Crycket
04-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I am working on a sleeve from a sweater that is done completely in 2x2 rib stitching.

On the sleeve, the instructions are to do a 1x1 rib for 3 inches (that is fine) then to do 1 increase each side every 8 rows for 15 increases. This is fine, but of course, it looks a little strange.

Is there a really nice way to do this increase so it doesn't look strange at the seam?

Jan in CA
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
If you're doing ribbing I would think doing one knit increase and one purl increase would work. :think: It's going to show, nothing to do about that, but it should be on the inside/underside of the arm.

Crycket
04-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah...I have done this sweater once before...and this time I am actually being lazy and doing the sleeves on the round so I don't have to seam them at the end....

Yeah...I guess there isn't any helping it

suzeeq
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
The weirdness in the increases will be hidden by the seam, so it should work out okay, if you just keep the rib pattern going.

Jan in CA
04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
If you own a ribbed sweater look at the arm increases. Even store bought ones show the increase area. It's not like it's something you're doing..it's the nature of the beast.