PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Mod Squad... Can we....?

MoniDew
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Have a forum for discussing the design process?

I never use a pattern, preferring to design "on the needles." It might be fun to open a discussion among those who enjoy the design process.

Jan in CA
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
It's a good thought, but we are trying to keep the forum less confusing and easier to navigate than a few of the other forums.

I will discuss it with the others and the admin though and see what they say.

MoniDew
04-23-2010, 04:15 PM
okay, thank you.

Arielluria
04-24-2010, 02:52 AM
What a good idea, to share what we've learned and what might be helpful in the future. 2 things come to mind......1, I found out too late that I couldn't submit my pattern to Knitty because it had already been shared on Ravelry & test knitted.......2, I've heard of pattern technical editors but don't know how useful and worth the cost, or what exactly they do for you.

blueygh2
04-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Makes me think of the times I tried to design lace....

lissaplus2
04-24-2010, 07:35 AM
I've heard of pattern technical editors but don't know how useful and worth the cost, or what exactly they do for you.

I have an unofficial one for my test knit right now and I can tell you that he is invaluable!!

Jan in CA
04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
We've decided that there isn't enough interest to warrant it's own forum, but Pattern Central has the description updated now to include pattern design. :thumbsup: