PDA

View Full Version : Cupcake Purse

McKnitty
05-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Okay, so this is actually crochet, but it is so cute and I really want to show it off! Also, Amy Gaines (the designer) has two other cupcake purse patterns that are knitted (and I plan to make those too). Please see her patterns at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmyGaines

I can't say enough wonderful things about Amy! I really like her designs and found her pattern instructions easy to follow. I have very limited crochet skills/experience, and I was able to finish this project in one day.

My cupcake purse is about 4" across the bottom, and approx. 7" tall. I think my purse may be a little larger than the pattern pic, but I used a 4.25 mm hook (the pattern called for a 4.00) because that is what I already had. The only other changes I made were to finish off the last row with a round of SC, and I chose to leave the beads off of the ties since this will go to a very young little girl.

I used Baby Bee Hushabye Solid in #40 Boo Pink, and #80 Chocolate. This pattern was SO much fun and I plan to make more little cupcake purses in the future.

Jan in CA
05-22-2010, 12:01 PM
That is adorable!!:yay:

tilllie
05-22-2010, 04:27 PM
How cute and what a great job! One lucky little girl!

ArtLady1981
05-24-2010, 04:24 AM
Ah, so adorable!!!

melmac51
05-24-2010, 09:28 AM
That's so cute! Nice job!!

margz3
05-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Too cute!!

WandaT
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
That is just too cute!!!

bmwmom2002
06-19-2010, 02:41 PM
So cute! I'm making a baby blanket with that yarn in those exact same colors.

ArtLady1981
06-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Nine of my granddaughters would DIE FOR one of these darlin' purses! Thanks for the photos, your work is wonderful! I'll visit her Etsy shop RIGHT NOW!

Hugs,

Artlady

ArtLady1981
06-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, you sold me! I just ordered, and paid for, BOTH cupcake purse patterns. I actually like the look of the crochet purse BEST, but in case I can't muster the crochet directions, I got the knitted version as a backup.

There were 2 knitted versions, I bought the one with the "sprinkles" on top of the "frosting". So adorable!

Did you notice, I'm sure you did, she also has a PDF pattern for 3 other purses: for $5 it includes an ice cream cone purse, a strawberry purse, and a mushroom purse!

I didn't get it, cuz I'm gonna be doin' good to muster up the wherewithall to do one crochet purse. I know how to crochet simple stuff, blankets, etc, and I know how to follow a pattern pretty good, but crochet "shaping" is unknown to me.

But her website said there are multiple pictures in the patterns, and she is available to take distress calls! Questions!

Anyway, my little granddaughters will love these! Pink frosting, white frosting, yellow frosting, some with sprinkles, some without! The possibilities are endless, eh? :wink:

ArtLady1981
06-19-2010, 03:20 PM
WOW! As soon as I signed off my message above, the PDF patterns were both in my INBOX!!!
My printer is spitting them out RIGHT NOW! Yay! :woohoo:

Now that is quick gratification, eh!?

I love PDF patterns. No fuss, no muss. Print now, or print later. Mess it up while knitting? ...toss it and print another! Love it. :heart:

auburnchick
06-19-2010, 04:25 PM
What a cute purse! Thanks for the link to her patterns. I might just have to make the dog and bone for my daughter to take to college so she won't be too sad about leaving the pups behind.

GREAT job!!!

bambi
06-19-2010, 08:35 PM
So cute!

McKnitty
06-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, you sold me! I just ordered, and paid for, BOTH cupcake purse patterns. I actually like the look of the crochet purse BEST, but in case I can't muster the crochet directions, I got the knitted version as a backup.

How exciting! I really like the knitted version too, but I haven't tried it yet. The crocheted purse was not that difficult. Amy's instructions are very good, and she adds pictures that really help too. She is so nice, and I love all her designs. I did see the other cute purses, and I'm planning to buy those too!

Just thought that I'd mention that I got a little nervous about the color change being SO noticeable; however, the ruffle goes right above the color change and completely hides it.

It really is a fun pattern, and it turns out to be so very cute! I can't wait to see yours!

McKnitty
06-21-2010, 08:17 PM
WOW! As soon as I signed off my message above, the PDF patterns were both in my INBOX!!!
My printer is spitting them out RIGHT NOW! Yay! :woohoo:

Now that is quick gratification, eh!?

I love PDF patterns. No fuss, no muss. Print now, or print later. Mess it up while knitting? ...toss it and print another! Love it. :heart:

Amy has the best customer service! I know I sound like I'm her mother or something, don't I? Really, I don't get any $$$$ from going on and on about her patterns!

knitkid11
06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
That is super cute!!! I should make one for my lil' 2 year old sister! CONGRATS ON SUCH A GREAT JOB!!!:woot:

offthaneedle
06-23-2010, 03:01 PM
How cute is that! My nieces would love one of those! Thanks for sharing!

Jaxhil
06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
oh. my. goodness.!!! SOOO CUTE!!!

thanks for sharing!!