PDA

View Full Version : Can someone simplify this for me?

Gspice
05-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi, haven't been around for a while. But I always come back to check this site out. Always loved the help I got from here.

Alright heres the issue. My son would love some bunny slippers (every time he seems a pair he goes OOOOOHHHH!!!! , lol he's only 2)

Anyway I tried to understand it but I get confused about the whole thing. Could someone simplifiy for me?

Here is the link http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=785155

Thank you to anyone that can help.

suzeeq
05-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Okay, a little more specifics about exactly what part you don't understand would be helpful. The abbreviations are given in the pattern (there's videos for them on the Glossary page if you don't know how to do one of them) MC and CC mean Main color and Contrast color, though you could use one color throughout.

This part "inc one st at each end of 3rd and foll alt rows until there are 21 (25) sts, then in foll 4th row once.. " means to increase a st at the beg and end of the 3rd row then every other row after that and when you get to 21 or 25 sts inc in the 4th row after you reach that number of sts.

The dec rows "Dec one st at each end of next and foll 4th row, then in foll att rows.." would be dec a stitch at both ends of the next row, then every 4th row after that.

Gspice
05-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Okay, a little more specifics about exactly what part you don't understand would be helpful. The abbreviations are given in the pattern (there's videos for them on the Glossary page if you don't know how to do one of them) MC and CC mean Main color and Contrast color, though you could use one color throughout.

This part "inc one st at each end of 3rd and foll alt rows until there are 21 (25) sts, then in foll 4th row once.. " means to increase a st at the beg and end of the 3rd row then every other row after that and when you get to 21 or 25 sts inc in the 4th row after you reach that number of sts.

The dec rows "Dec one st at each end of next and foll 4th row, then in foll att rows.." would be dec a stitch at both ends of the next row, then every 4th row after that.

Okay so that means on the 3rd row increase one at the beginning and the end till you reach 21 stitches and the next row you would increase one at the begining and the end to make 23. But how would that be the 4th row.

I wish this had been written row by row so much easier to understand that way.

suzeeq
05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
No no.... Let's break it down, cause there's two sets of directions -

"inc one st at each end of 3rd and foll alt rows until there are 21 sts,"

increase a st at the beg and end of the 3rd row then every other row after that until you get to 21. So on row 3, 5, 7 and 9. Then work one more row, a ws row that doesn't increase.

"then in foll 4th row once.. "

After you get to 21 and work one more row, the 10th row, then inc on the 4th row after that which is row 14.

Gspice
05-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Okay lets see if I got this right.

So if it was row by row. It would look something like this?

Bunny booties

Cast on 13 stitches

Work in garter stitch

Row 1 – Knit

Row 2 – Knit

Row 3 – Increase 1. Knit to end. Increase 1

Row 4 – Knit

Row 5- Increase 1. Knit to end. Increase 1

Row 6 – Knit

Row 7 - Increase 1. Knit to end. Increase 1

Row 8 – Knit

Row 9 - Increase 1. Knit to end. Increase 1

Row 10 - 13 – Knit

Row 14 - Increase 1. Knit to end. Increase 1

Row 15 to end – Decrease 1. Knit to end. Decrease 1 (Decrease till 13 sts remain. Than knit one last row)

Thank you for helping. I'm knitting a different pair because I couldn't understand this pattern, but once I get this on down pat I think I'll like this pattern instead their cuter.

suzeeq
05-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, this is correct. Once you know that 'foll' means after, 'alt row' means every other' then it's a little easier to understand.

Gspice
05-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes, this is correct. Once you know that 'foll' means after, 'alt row' means every other' then it's a little easier to understand.

SWEET! I'm thinking if I use size 6 needles it should fit his foot or be a lil big. Thank you for your help. :woot: