PDA

View Full Version : Carmen Banana

dturner
06-23-2010, 06:16 PM
I saw the kit for this sock monkey on sale at Knit Picks, and I just had to order it. I don't really have a need for a sock monkey, but it's just so cute! LOL I still need to finish embroidering the facial features, but other than that, she's finished.

Jan in CA
06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh that is too cute!

lgoddard
06-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Now that is just too darn cute!

ArtLady1981
06-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Ah she is too dern cute! Tell her hello from the Artlady! :hug:

bambi
06-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Adorable gal. Well done!

WandaT
06-24-2010, 08:49 AM
LOVE HER!!! I have been wanting to make her and Mr. Foster since he first came out. I have the kits but haven't gotten to those projects yet. I did TRY to start Mr. Foster several times tho, and had issues with the instructions on starting the arms. I just couldn't get that cast on to look even remotely ok. However, I'm working on a little iPod sock right now and I did "Judy's Magic Cast On" for it and love it! So now I'm stoked about starting the monkeys again! :)

margz3
06-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Very cute!! You don't have to have a "need" for something that adorable :)

dturner
06-24-2010, 06:01 PM
LOVE HER!!! I have been wanting to make her and Mr. Foster since he first came out. I have the kits but haven't gotten to those projects yet. I did TRY to start Mr. Foster several times tho, and had issues with the instructions on starting the arms. I just couldn't get that cast on to look even remotely ok. However, I'm working on a little iPod sock right now and I did "Judy's Magic Cast On" for it and love it! So now I'm stoked about starting the monkeys again! :)
I had a heck of a time starting the legs using the instructions in the pattern, too. After several attempts, I decided to use Emily Ocker's cast on. That seemed to work fine. I noticed that some on Ravelry used Judy's Magic cast on, too, but I don't know how to do that one.