PDA

View Full Version : WIP : Baby Love Blanket

KnitsKnacks
06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
The pattern is from Red Heart's "Knitting Made Easy".

I am using size 8 needles and Red Heart's Super Saver yarn. It is 3 skeins and is Baby Pink.

This project is my first time knitting and there are numerous times that I've had to frog the entire thing before I was satisfied with my progress (don't worry, I didn't frog anything that was bigger than 2" in length).

It was the inspiration of my newborn baby niece, Hayleigh, that made me want to learn how to knit.

tilllie
06-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Great job and welcome to knitting! Baby Hayleigh is a lucky little girl to have such a caring Aunt.

KnitsKnacks
06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Great job and welcome to knitting! Baby Hayleigh is a lucky little girl to have such a caring Aunt.

LOL! Need I mention that I'm the Uncle?

margz3
06-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Looking good Uncle!! :thumbsup:

KnitsKnacks
06-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Looking good Uncle!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm hoping to have it finished in the next week. As of that picture I am like 25% through it. Have the rest of the first half sts/rows and then the second half, which will be a dec. Can't wait!

Also, I plan on either knitting her name or some flowers into it. I wonder if there are any tutorials or patterns for embedding in an existing pattern. Also may do some lace work on it.

ArtLady1981
06-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Knitting!

Your first project is quite a nice undertaking! It's looking beautiful, and I'm very proud of you for frogging til you liked what you were getting! That's a sign of even better things to come!

WandaT
06-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Congrats!! on learning to knit and your new niece! Your first project is looking great!

Jaxhil
06-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Aww, it looks great! I love that diagonal baby blanket pattern-it's one of my favs! Congratulations on your new niece!

KnitsKnacks
06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
*snippity snip snip* . . . and I'm very proud of you for frogging til you liked what you were getting! That's a sign of even better things to come!

What do you mean by that exactly?

And thanks everyone. On top of this I have project number two underway. Hope to have a thread for it tomorrow with a pic of what it looks like so far. It's a pink dishcloth (sorry, all I have is pink yarn so far) but my own pattern (although I'm sure other people use the pattern and I just don't know it).

ArtLady1981
06-28-2010, 05:21 AM
What do you mean by that exactly?

I meant that I admire someone like you, who takes time to frog a project when they're not liking it. A knitter that is conscientious enough to do that (like you) will become an even better and more proficient knitter as time goes by!

I hope I didn't upset you in any way! Not intended! :hug:

KnitsKnacks
06-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks!

Now I understand what you meant. Not upset at all! :heart:

Lana
06-30-2010, 05:51 AM
WAY TO GO, uncle!
First project??? That's coming along very nicely!

Note my signature. I view :X:as just part of the process.
I have (let's just say) over 40 years of perfecting this process.