PDA

View Full Version : first time knitting two socks at a time...

knittingfor7
07-21-2010, 06:42 PM
on two different circular needles...and its a real pain in the butt!!! Which way do you prefer and why?:wink:

Jan in CA
07-21-2010, 11:40 PM
That has always been my preferred method as well. I don't know why it's any more a pain in the butt than any other method though. :??

knittingfor7
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
That has always been my preferred method as well. I don't know why it's any more a pain in the butt than any other method though. :??

because the yarns keep getting tangled together... and i keep using the wrong needle!!

WandaT
07-23-2010, 07:43 AM
I've tried the two at a time on magic loop. Ugh! Wasn't a fan of constant untangling either. Will try again though - I've heard it's so much nicer once you get a system down. I've only done a couple pair of socks, but did them on separate needles. Worked a section on one, then a section on the other one so they'd be done about the same time. I have one going now (that I haven't picked up in ages) on a Zauberball - the instructions on that ball specifically says to only work one at a time.

Jan in CA
07-23-2010, 12:47 PM
because the yarns keep getting tangled together... and i keep using the wrong needle!!

OHHHH! :doh: You mean two socks at the same time on the same two circular needles don't you? I read it as just knitting two socks on two separate sets of circulars. That's the way I do it. Two at once does sound like a pain to me although some people do like it. :shrug:

Lana
07-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Once I tried (unsuccessfully) two socks on two circular needles.

I like to work all things that come in pairs (sleeves, cardi fronts, mittens, booties) on the same needle.