PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a problem with my project!

sandyderr
10-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I've just done 6 rows of stockinette stitch with color A. Now I've changed to Color B and purled the next row (RS), as the pattern states. However, since it's the RS, I don't want (nor does the picture show) color A where I've purled. Is there a way to purl on the RS after purling color A? It may be simple, but I'm going blank. I've through of different possibilities, but I can't see how any of them would work up any differently. - Thanks for any help you can provide - Sandy Derr

Jan in CA
10-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Is the purling to show on the flat stockinette side which is the knits? What is the pattern you're making?

sandyderr
10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Is the purling to show on the flat stockinette side which is the knits? What is the pattern you're making?

Jan, I'm knitting a swing jacket and this is a dividing row. It is reverse stockinette to show on the stockinette side (right side). My problem is that the last color I used (A) is showing, where the purl row of A and the next row (purl row of color B) join. The pattern doesn't show that it's that way - they transition smoothly on the picture! I can't figure out how to do this without that showthrough. If you have any Vogue Knitting books, it's pattern #19, issue Winter 2007/08. Thanks for any help you can give me. ~ Sandy Derr