PDA

View Full Version : Knitpro needles thoughts

joulesb
10-08-2010, 04:30 AM
im looking to buy a starter set of interchangable needles from Knitpro. there more than one type to choose from so i would appreciate your thoughts.

at the moment im very new to knitting and am using acrylic yarn. i also crochet and at some point wish to buy some crochet hooks for the knitpro set to make a long tunisian crochet hook.

ive noticed the following prices on one website.

spectra clear 10.19
nova metal
spectra flair acryic 12.95
spectra trendz acrylic 15.00
nova metal 16.95
stmephonie wood 18.95

i can see myself long term getting all of these but right now i cant decide which one to buy. all i can think of is to get the cheapest so i can buy more yarn :)

what difference will acrylic needles metal or wooden ones make? im used to using metal needles and crochet hooks to date.

any input is greatly appreciated.

Jan1ce
10-08-2010, 06:30 AM
I've just bought the Symphonie starter set and love them! The bamboo is so smooth and easy to knit with. I bought mine from the LYS and they were a lot more expensive than online. I shall be more careful next time.

suzeeq
10-08-2010, 07:16 AM
You could buy a starter set in the acrylic or wood, or just 2 sets of tips, one of each, in sizes you use frequently and a cord to see which you like. It's more of a preference and sometimes wood is needed with some yarns and other times acrylic will be better.

joulesb
10-08-2010, 08:32 AM
You could buy a starter set in the acrylic or wood, or just 2 sets of tips, one of each, in sizes you use frequently and a cord to see which you like. It's more of a preference and sometimes wood is needed with some yarns and other times acrylic will be better.

thanks never thought to buy one of each

Jan in CA
10-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, I'd get a set or two..or three to see how you like them. They won't go to waste believe me. Even if you end buying a regular set of wood needles you can still use the others. :thumbsup: