PDA

View Full Version : Endearing Anecdote

Crycket
10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Thought you all might find this amusing...

I was at my Girl Guide meeting with my Pathfinders (12-14 yo) and they were asking about my socks. The week before I had worn store bought mismatched socks, so they were curious about what I was wearing THIS week...

I had chosen my illusion knit Alice in Wonderland socks (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Crycket/wonderland-socks) where you can see a cat with a really long tail from certain angles.

I had one or two girls inspecting them over saying "OMG those are so cool! Where did you by them?", I told them, I made them myself, you can't buy them at the store...

Another girl at the other side of the room snapped her head around (clearly only just joining the convo) and stated in a half impressed, half indignant tone "You MAKE your own socks?"

I wasn't sure if she was disgusted or not sure what to do with that information, but it was just really funny...and probably most common reaction to knitting socks!

RuthieinMaryland
10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi! :waving:

It sounds like you have the perfect opportunity to teach your girl guides a skill for a lifetime--knitting!

Wonderful!

Ruthie :hug:

Crycket
10-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Not sure it would go over well with this group...but I can always try!!

kmaclean
10-21-2010, 12:25 PM
That is too cute! Who knows ... maybe someone in the group will end up enjoying knitting! :knitting:

And those socks are AWESOME! I just added them to my queue ...

Mirl56
10-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Great Story! Great socks, too - I know, I have a pair too!!

Jan in CA
10-21-2010, 01:12 PM
She was probably shocked that anyone would make socks. That's a common reaction among adults, too. :lol:

Crycket
10-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I highly recommend knitting these socks, they were a lot of fun! I like a challenge and I was waiting for an easy illusion knit...and there they were....*smiles*