PDA

View Full Version : Converting a crochet pattern to knitting

tinshee
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
I knit much better than I crochet, but I couldn't resist this cute slipper pattern I found on etsy. Is there anyone here who could help me figure out how to convert it to a knitting pattern? I checked out the ehow page, but just don't know enough about crocheting to do it all on my own...

Thanks!

suzeeq
10-30-2010, 11:46 PM
It depends on what sts are used, a single crochet st might be the equivalent of 2 rows of knitting. Here's a guide (http://www.ehow.com/how_18632_convert-knitting-pattern.html) for converting knitting to crochet, perhaps you can reverse it.

Mirl56
10-31-2010, 09:27 AM
I know there are several books with double patterns, the item in knit and also the same item in crochet. Don't know any titles exactly, but I know some books exist - I was flipping thru one just yesterday in AC Moore.

You could check your local library for anything like that, and even a bookstore/big box craft store. Even if you don't want to buy it, you could probably sit and read/skim thru a few of the patterns and maybe get an idea of how they convert back and forth. They might even have a slipper pattern which could be even more helpful.