PDA

View Full Version : Kerri Hi, please identify this knot/stitch

oneKerri
10-31-2010, 04:39 AM
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101325

Sorry, I have no tact.

Please check out the link above, it has 2 more pictures, and the reason
that I would like to have this exact blanket/afghan duplicated.

I'm not looking for a person to do it, but I will find someone in my home
town to do it for me, or I will learn myself. I just need someone to tell
me what I'm looking at.

Thank you,

Kerri

Jan in CA
10-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Thread was in the wrong forum so I moved it, but it is essentially a duplicate thread to the one you linked to. Your question as to what kind of stitch it was answer in the other thread. Since it's crochet you could ask in that forum.

suzeeq
10-31-2010, 01:00 PM
She did, but hasn't received any replies there yet.

WandaT
11-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Can't identify the exact stitch but looks like crochet to me.

RuthieinMaryland
11-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi, Kerri! :waving:

As nearly as I can tell from the pictures, this looks like simply row upon row of either 3 single crochets or 3 double crochets (depending on how high the stitch is) all done in the same stitch below.

Once you've done the 3 stitches, they fan out and give some ease so that the piece doesn't curl up like a shrimp! Because of that, you can then go onto the next set of three stitches without putting any chain stitches in between.

Each set of 3 is worked in a single stitch below. I can't tell exactly which one but you work the 3 stitches either between the groups of 3 stitches below, in the center of the 3-stitch group or it looks like it could be in the first stitch of the 3 stitch group. You'd have to take a close look at it to determine it for sure.

The edging appears to be two rows worked around the outside edge of the finished center- the first round would be to attache your yarn, make a longish loop, say chain 5, skip 3 stitches along the edge, single crochet in the next stitch and continue around. Then on the next round fill the loops with single or double crochets, maybe 7 of them to create the pretty loop effect.

As far as the yarn, it might be a good idea to take the "blankie", with daughter attached naturally, to a yarn store or even a Michaels or AC Moore (or whatever is in you neighborhood) and try to compare. It's most likely a baby soft yarn of some type. Can you reach the person who made it? That could give you some answers.

Meanwhile, use whatever you can to tie off the stitches that are unravelling. Even if it has a hole or two, I'm sure you little girl will still love it!

Good luck!

Ruthie :hug: