PDA

View Full Version : Last minute blunder

halchess
11-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm so mad with myself right now and had to let off some steam. Working on my very 1st sock and have made it to the end without have to rip anything out. However, I was just doing my weave of the last row and realized at the very end that I did it inside out! Certainly doesn't look right when you turn in to the right-side that's for sure. I am using sock yarn and thought I might attempt to rip it out. Not a good idea, at least for me. I have a lot of trouble seeing the tiny stitches and have no idea which needle to put them back on. I'm about to give and put it aside forever. Any suggestions?

suzeeq
11-03-2010, 04:21 PM
If it's just end, then undo it and put the sts back on a couple of needles. Just get the sts on first then sort it out; if you're off a bit, it should be okay.

dddebbb3
11-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Chalk it up to a learning experience and wear them with closed-toe shoes! This is also an excellent argument for toe-up socks. Good luck with the other sock - it'll be a breeze.

kellyh57
11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Can you put the needle into the stitches before the last row? I think Amy has a video on here. It's kind of like a life-line, but you use a needle after you've knit it. I like to use a needle a couple of sizes smaller too. It's also easier to see what is what when all the stitches are back on some needles and backwards or whatever the case may be.

halchess
11-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Thought about trying it but the stitches are pretty darn small as I am using size 2 needles. Also, the yarn in this area is a dark color so I just can't see to sort them out. Dare I just sew it up any old way?