PDA

View Full Version : Help Help!

redknit
11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi anyone out there able to help me? I'm been knitting a bag and stuck on this part.

Ssk,k3, *p1,k-below,p1,k3 ; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2tog

keeping texture patt correct, dec 1 st (as set on pattern above) at each end of every foll 6th row to 55 sts.

Cont without shaping until work measures approx 9in from beg, ending with a K-row.

How do i keep the pattern when decreasing? and what does it mean by dec at each end of every foll 6th row. And how would it be able to end with Knit row?

Please please help me out there. Thanks. =)

suzeeq
11-17-2010, 01:07 AM
This row - Ssk,k3, *p1,k-below,p1,k3 ; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2tog - you have decs at the beg and end of it and every 6th row after that until you get to 55 sts.
The next dec row would probably be - Ssk, k2, *p1,k-below,p1,k3 ; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2tog (only instead of ending the row p1 k3, k2tog, it'll be p1 k2, k2tog). Next time it's - ssk,k1, *p1,k-below,p1,k3 ; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2tog with the last repeat being p1, k1 k2tog. See how the sts that are repeated are still the p1 k1b, p1, k3 pattern? That's keeping the textured pattern intact, with decs on either side of it.

After you reach 55 sts, just work in the pattern for another 9" and the last row you do is a knit row. Then you do something else.

redknit
11-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Thank so much for explaining. Seems much more clearer to me now. Thanks alot. =D