PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone come up with a knitting pattern from a (seemly) simple crochet pattern?

Stacy1985
11-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi everyone. :)

I came across this crochet pattern
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/magnetic-katamari-pattern/
and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to make it! Really Bad! The problem is I can't crochet, I can only knit. It looks like a somewhat simple design though, so I was wondering if anyone who is clearly more awesome than me could possibly come up with a knitting pattern. That would be so fabulous and I'd be in your debt forever.

Thanks! :)

Mirl56
11-21-2010, 05:33 PM
OMG - I made that last year for a Christmas present for my brother.

I guess to switch it to knitting, find a knit ball pattern. Then for the 'nobs' make smaller knit balls, but just half a ball. then fill with the recommended magnets and sew them on.

hyperactive
11-22-2010, 06:41 AM
just a quick thought, since I have stuff to do:

find a shape for a ball for knitting (there is one on knitty, that is really elaborate, as far as I remember, and a nordic ball on knitting daily, was it?)

then pick up stitches here and there and knit those little knobs straight up for a few rounds, then decrease rapidly and close the rounds. (k2tog for all stitches or something like that).

you can also make a "all in one" pattern, but right now my brain does not spit it out.

My best advice: Crochet is not so hard at this level. you need to learn chain and simple crochet stitch. Just as youtube for help :)
The technique you learn really quickly and crochet is super forgiving to fixing mistakes by ripping back, since you only undo every stitch by itself. (the debth of crochet and lace crochet is a "whole nother story" but here: 2 things and that is that!)