View Full Version : Manly Sweater, I Hate You

11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Has anyone here made the Manly Sweater from the Stitch N Bitch book? I am so annoyed with it right now, I don't know if I'm being dense or the pattern is written stupidly (I'm going with the pattern being written stupidly...lol)...Kind of a lot to rant about so I'll post my problem if someone has made it before, not sure if it would be easy to follow if you haven't made it...lol

11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Have you checked on Ravelry for any errata or similar problems other knitters had?

11-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I have but I've found no one having the same issue...lol...Figures...I'm still sticking with it being the pattern's fault! :teehee:

11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
haHA!!! I KNEW it was the pattern and not me, I FINALLY found something on Ravelry!! I can't believe I could find nothing else on this, not even an errata!! This is EXACTLY what has been screwing me up!

"Helpful hint from gamerchik: Apparently, there is an error in the instructions for the bind-off of the front piece (the neck/shoulder area). It should probably read (for size L) to BO 9 stitches 4 times instead of 8 stitches 4 times. I had this problem and apparently, so did a lot of other people. It was very frustrating."

11-29-2010, 09:44 AM
OK, so apparently that's not quite the right fix either...ugh...Well, at least I know it's a screw up with the pattern and not my pattern following abilities...lol...Guess I'm just gonna have to tweak it to make it work...And curse the designer...:teehee:

11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
You can try contacting the designer, either on ravelry or at her website (http://www.knithappens.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/).

11-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Finally! Finally, finally, FINALLY I have the first half of the sweater done!! I had to tweak the count on the BO's and Dec's but I FINALLY got it! If only I would have known FOREVER ago that it was indeed definitely the pattern that was stupid I woulda tweaked it a long time ago! Though I kept swearing it was the pattern, since I wasn't finding anything about anyone else having the same problem I thought, "maybe it really is me missing something" but no, the pattern is stupid...lol...Hopefully I won't have any more problems once I start the second piece!

Jan in CA
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Errata happens, but it's nice when you can at least find something! I hope the rest of the sweater is easier for you!