PDA

View Full Version : Last night's movie

Antares
01-20-2011, 11:16 AM
My husband and I decided to watch our Netflix movie last night, so I grabbed my current knitting project and settled down on the couch.

It was Wallace and Gromit in "A Close Shave," and I was both delighted and highly amused to see Gromit knitting away!!

Eventually, I had to put down my work so I could keep an eye on those easily frightened, yet oh so talented sheep with Shaun as their fearful leader.

Anyway, it's nice when a movie has knitting and/or crochet in it--even if it's just a claymation dog. At least the creators made sure that Gromit was holding the needles in a correct way (in other words, if someone in real life held the needles that way, they could knit)!

suzeeq
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
I have a problem sometimes with watching any one knitting while I'm knitting - my fingers don't work, they want to do what I'm seeing on screen. Especially the knitting show on PBS.

knitcindy
01-20-2011, 02:25 PM
SuzeeQ,

There's a knitting show on PBS??? PLEASE tell me it's name!!! A friend of mine works at our local PBS station and I want to ask her if they have it!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::cheering: :woot:
knitcindy

suzeeq
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
It's called Knit and Crochet Now and probably airs about noon Eastern time on Wednesdays and Sundays if you get the Create pbs channel. Look at this page (http://knitandcrochetnow.com/) to find out more about it and patterns they've shown, and look on the tv schedule in your area. There's also K&C Today too, I guess one is Sunday and one is on Wednesday, but both of them are under the one site above.

N0obKnitter
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Psst it's on Netflix. I just checked.

Jan in CA
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Psst it's on Netflix. I just checked.

What? The movie they watched was a Netflix movie. Or did you mean the knit and crochet thing?

I LOVE Wallace and Grommit! So silly..."time for walkies, Grommit!" :lol:

N0obKnitter
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Sorry, the PBS thing.