PDA

View Full Version : What Does This Mean?

Mary10587
03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
When a pattern says repeat decrease row every right side row 14 times more, then every other right side row 4 times, then what do I do for wrong side rows and right side rows between those four times? Thanks in advance!!!

RochesterKnitter
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
The decrease row is worked on the right side row.

You should repeat this row 14 times.

After 14 times, you repeat it 4 more times but only on every other rs row.

row 1 - rs dec 1
row 2 - ws
row 3 - rs dec 2
row 4 - ws
row 27 - rs dec 14
row 28 - ws
row 29 - rs
row 30 - ws
row 31 - rs dec 1

Mary10587
03-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I do understand that, but I just don't understand what I am supposed to do on the wrong side rows because the pattern I have been using takes 85 stitches, and if they are decreasing, then I can't just continue them as I was because there will not be enough. The pattern does not say what to do about the wrong side rows...I was wondering if there was some universal thing to know about these situations that I did not know about.

suzeeq
03-09-2011, 07:02 PM
You would just work the remaining sts in pattern. If you have a link to it or can let us know if it's in ribbing or seed st or what, we can be more specific. For instance, if it's ribbing then you knit what look like knit sts and purl what look like purl sts. If it's seed stitch, do the opposite.

Since you can't start with the first st as you've been doing, you'll have to start with the 2nd stitch in the pattern, then the 3rd st after the next decrease, and so on. Just end the rows where ever you are in the pattern when you knit all the way across.

Mary10587
03-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Okay, thanks guys! I think I got it. I am a very new knitter and this project is probably a little ambitious for me, but I really like it and it is coming along pretty well. If I have any more questions, and I am sure I will, I will post a link to the pattern. I was having problems posting a link last time, but I will try again if I have to.

suzeeq
03-09-2011, 07:17 PM
If you're brand new here you can't post a link at first; we do that to prevent people who sign up just to spam us with their sites unrelated to knitting. By now you've done enough posts you can post the link.