PDA

View Full Version : Time spent knitting?

CoolWool
03-10-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm curious. How often do you knit and for how long?

I think about knitting while I'm at work. Picking up my OTN projects, look for new patterns at lunch time, etc. But I find that when I get home, I spend a lot of time taking care of the family, cooking dinner, cleaning the house - - and by the time I start to knit, it's time for bed. I think I knit ON AVERAGE 45 minutes every night. :aww:

Jan in CA
03-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Sadly, I don't even knit every day. I spend more time playing on my iPod and cruising the forum. :lol: I go through cycles. Sometimes I knit more, some less. :shrug:

crazykntter83
03-10-2011, 11:09 PM
It depends on the day and what's going on. If it's a busy day, an hour maybe two. On a more laid back day, I could knit all day, with a few breaks to rest my wrists.

TrikkeAddict
03-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Every day for several hours - depending on how pesty my two dogs are!!! They sleep until 9 am every morning so I'm usually up by 6 am with the thought that I have a few hours to knit in peace. And then I knit as much as I can all day. I wish I could knit less but I'm addicted!!!

MosaicTree
03-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I probably spend 30 mins to 1 hour knitting most days - in car (not whilst driving!), whilst watching telly etc. I would spend way more time doing it given half a chance but I've got other commitments!

www.folksy.com/shops/MosaicTree
www.mosaictree.blogspot.com

Microwench
03-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I usually get an hour at lunch on work days of knit time. Some days I will knit for another hour at home, but at the least I have promised myself 1 row every night before bed.

Weekends are pretty fluid. Some days I have eked out a couple hours, some times all I get is my nightly row.

margz3
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Not as much as I would like, sigh.... I shoot for an hour or two while watching TV before bed. Some days that works out better than others!

Breezed
03-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Not nearly enough for me lately. I think about knitting a lot but by the time I get home from work, have dinner, play time with bf and dog/cat, and then do my online classes, it's time for bed. Depressing.

Wanda Witch
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM
I try and set a time aside, in the evenings, to knit. Sometimes during the day but generally I will knit on an average of a couple of hours a day. I am fortunate, I know, retired, the house can look after itself, the DH isn't picky about what's for dinner, no kids, with the exception of one older, fantastic four-legged child (dog). I will knit until my hands start bothering me. I'd say: Knit when you have the time and enjoy.

Jan in CA
03-12-2011, 01:37 AM
I knit for 3 hours at my social knitting group tonight! :yay:

WandaT
03-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Usually 2-3 at night while watching tv. Maybe more some days, other days (like today) not at all. I think I average about 2 hrs a day most weeks though.

ArtLady1981
03-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Would you believe me if I said 30 minutes a day? :knitting: I didn't think so!

Yeah well...I might have personal friends that read this forum as a "lurker"...and I don't want my personal friends to know...:wink:...you understand I'm sure! I want to protect them from forming judgments! It's not good for their health. :teehee:

Woodi
03-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I knit for about one hour per day, plus during the wee hours when I can't sleep, (2 or 3 to 5 or 6AM). I don't know if the insomnia is getting worse because I'm knitting, or if the knitting is getting more frequent (I won't say 'worse') cuz of the insomnia!

Mirl56
03-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Depends on who you ask - I'd say not enough and DH would say too much.

On a week day I may knit anywhere from zero to 3 hours depending on what else is going on. On Sat same thing. On sunday I might be able to knit on and off all day. I have a project in the car (this is why DH would say 'too much') not that I knit and drive but while a passenger or toting DS around and waiting for him.

sakura-panda
03-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I try to knit while watching hour long tv shows (about 40 minutes each with a dvr and I try to watch at least one, if not two at a time. Watched three on Sunday!) I also carry my knitting with me to snatch moments when I'm out and about, but my current projects either need blocks of time, not snatched moments, or are too big to practically tote around, so I've taken to leaving them at home lately.

In a perfect world, I'd be knitting three nights a week for two hours each time. :)

In reality, it's more like twice a week for 40 minutes each.

TEMA
03-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I was sick for almost all of last summer and I knit like crazy for I wouldn't have to think about it. I'd say I averaged between 4 - 6 hours a day, on those days when I was able to knit.
The rest of the time, I just read or thought about knitting... :)

These days, I'm still getting a lot of knitting in. Hubby likes to watch sports on t.v. and I like to keep him company especially since it means that I will be in my recliner knitting my heart out.
TEMA:knitting:

N0obKnitter
03-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Maybe 30 minutes, if I am lucky. That would be whilst DH and I are watching TV after the baby has nursed 20340340 times and passed out. If baby is cluster-feeding, well, way less knitting. :teehee: :teehee: