PDA

View Full Version : I've returned!

N0obKnitter
03-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I took a hiatus from knitting (and pretty much everything else!) as I had my baby boy on February 16th and due to the fact I (unfortunately) had to have a (blech!) c-section I've been up to my eyeballs in breastfeeding, erratic sleep, dirty cloth diapers blah blah blah. :woot: I also battled mastitis, plugged milk ducts, a nasty TMI problem, then I fell down our stairs (seriously!) and then I caught a COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflhard:

I'm fine now, though. I walked 2 miles yesterday with Roger in the stroller. I picked up some knitting last night and did some today - still working on the cable scarf for my DH I've been doing for months. The joke is I'll be finished with it when it's winter again - DH said winter of 2013 (he got a dirty look for saying that!)

Feels great just to be able to knit a little bit here and there, eh! The day before I went into labour, my mom and I went to a yarn shop near Englewood, CO and she bought addiclicks (after she got a look at mine!) and we each bought some yarn. :yay:

My mom's been pretty much only Xstitching for years, aside from knitting dishcloths. I'm trying to get her "hooked" on knitting. :roflhard:

Krystal
03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Welcome back!

I have been having a bit of a hiatus myself. Baby keeps me busy! Sometimes there's just too much to be done in the day and knitting isn't one of them. Though I have had a chance to knit a few times this year so far. :)

Sounds like you had a heck of a time with nursing so far! Yikes! Hope it's all going smoothly for you now. :)

We use cloth diapers too!

suzeeq
03-27-2011, 10:34 PM
I've been up to my eyeballs in breastfeeding, erratic sleep, dirty cloth diapers blah blah blah. :woot: I also battled mastitis, plugged milk ducts, a nasty TMI problem, then I fell down our stairs (seriously!) and then I caught a COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to motherhood, honey! Ain't it fun....?

Good to hear from you again, hope you get some time here and there to knit.

Jan in CA
03-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm glad you're back! Many of us had some of the same issues so I'm glad you're okay and baby Roger is doing well! :yay::hug: