PDA

View Full Version : How does I shot blocking this?

N0obKnitter
03-29-2011, 05:28 PM
O hai (sorry for the internet speak)

http://home.online.no/~tu-mell/beginnerreversiblescarf.cfm

I be knitting my DH this in uh worsted (or heavier, I fergit) Cascade wool yarn. I'm around 50% done...I'm thinking of blocking it when finished...I can has blocking with heavier yarn or not so much? How does I shot blocking it if I can?

Kthxbai.

suzeeq
03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't know what shot blocking is, but you can get it wet, lay it out flat and pull out the sides a little so the sts open up.

Jan in CA
03-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Why are you speaking in Cheezburger and text lingo? Might be easier to understand if you say it in english. :doh:

N0obKnitter
03-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Why are you speaking in Cheezburger and text lingo? Might be easier to understand if you say it in english. :doh:

With a dash of 4chan, I fear. I dunno why I felt like "speaking" that way, maybe because when I use internet-speak out loud my DH gets all up in my grill about it, like he hates it or something. Makes me want to do it more. Or is that moar??? :rofl:

suzeeq
03-29-2011, 10:51 PM
But when you're asking for help on forums, it makes it difficult to understand what you want.

N0obKnitter
04-04-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't know what shot blocking is, but you can get it wet, lay it out flat and pull out the sides a little so the sts open up.

Hey, will this hide uneven tension?

suzeeq
04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Yes, just simply washing an item will even the sts, then lay flat to dry if it's wool.

Lisa R.
04-05-2011, 09:20 AM
With a dash of 4chan, I fear. I dunno why I felt like "speaking" that way, maybe because when I use internet-speak out loud my DH gets all up in my grill about it, like he hates it or something. Makes me want to do it more. Or is that moar??? :rofl:

Oh...I was thinking of reporting it as spam, thinking your profile had been hacked!

N0obKnitter
04-09-2011, 08:46 PM
eek! sorry, I was just feeling silly. :(

RoseFairy
04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Oh...I was thinking of reporting it as spam, thinking your profile had been hacked!

LOL! I find that funny. Only because it didn't happen and the idea of it happening is funny. Although if it really did happen that wouldn't be funny. Does anyone understand this?

Jan in CA
04-10-2011, 12:15 AM
LOL! I find that funny. Only because it didn't happen and the idea of it happening is funny. Although if it really did happen that wouldn't be funny. Does anyone understand this?

:shrug: Um...no?

RoseFairy
04-10-2011, 01:01 AM
:shrug: Um...no?

Sorry, what I meant was I thought it was funny Lisa R. was gonna report N0obKnitter thinking her account was hacked. But if she had really reported N0obKnitter it wouldn't be funny because it would have meant N0obKnitter wouldn't be able to log in or her account was really hacked. So that's not funny.

N0obKnitter
04-10-2011, 09:50 AM

My brain just exploded. :rofl: