PDA

View Full Version : cotton jumper

Ellensusan
03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi fellow knitters
i want to make a mans crew neck jumper in cotton, double knit, can anyone tell me where i can get a pattern for this. I have searched, but all i can find is for babies and women.
Love the site, everyone is so helpful, and friendly, and the videos are great. Only been knitting for 10 months and love it.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

salmonmac
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
My 'go to' site is Ravelry. You can search under patterns and if you do an advanced search you can select only men's sweaters. If you haven't joined yet, it's free and a goldmine if information.

wellslipmystitches
03-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I found a crew neck pattern in sizes for men, women and children in the Paton's site. It's a striped pattern (wouldn't have to do the stripes) in their Grace yarn which is mercerized cotton.

You can check the gauge(tension) and see if you like the pattern. The whole thing is right there for you. It's rated "easy" and looks to be a simple stocking stitch.

I found it while checking the sweater I'm working on so I'll give you that link and when you get the page you just have to click on the left hand list - first sweaters, then mens. You'll see a few sweaters and if you like the striped one you can click on - view the pattern - and copy it from there. I couldn't find this page going with just their name or free patterns so try and see if this will work for you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll send a PM where I can probably get a picture and better link to you.
Jean

Patons: Pattern Detail - KW - Cabled Crew Neck (knit).