PDA

View Full Version : A place for patterns?

stringtheory
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know of any place or website to find a binder/file/something to hold knitting patterns? I could put one together myself but I'd rather spend the time knitting! Thanks!!

suzeeq
04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
You should be able to find something at an office supply store. There are multi-pocket file envelopes and you can buy binders and dividers.

Jan in CA
04-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I use a file cabinet because I got too many to fit in a binder. :lol:

I agree with Sue to check out an office store. Any large binder will do. You can get clear sleeves and dividers that work perfectly.

kittykins
04-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Jan and Suzeeq just beat me to the punch. I recently bought a binder at one of our local office supply stores. Being on a never ending budget I got a cheapie, but they have many to choose from. Also got the clear plastic sheet protectors, (they already have the 3 holes to fit the binder.) Next I picked up some of those dividers and little tabs to attach, (and label). Just organize into categories and you're all set to go. If you have lots and lots of patterns you might consider having a binder for each category--one for sweaters, one for scarves, one for whatever, etc. You don't have to break the bank to get organized, and frankly I'd rather spend my money on yarn!:woot: Good Luck! Jeanie

fatoldladyinpjs
04-02-2011, 08:49 AM
I use a system for my paperwork just like Kitty said. You can get binders and clear plastic sleeves really cheap in the office supply section at Walmart, by the computer paper.

As an aside, I found that I can get high quality generic photo paper here also. It's just as good, if not better, than the photo paper in Walmart's electronics section at half the cost. I believe the one I bought was Jet Print brand. You just have to go to a different department, office supplies. I've also used greeting card paper to print photos. It's the same as the matte finish photo papers and only a few dollars.

MaryJB
04-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I suggest going to a mission store and buying a good used binder. They usually have several to choose one. You are recycling and saving and helping a worthy cause. I have several binders with my music devided up by type. I put a label on the end and they are easy to find ( I am a church organist) YOu could catoragize your's by childrens, adult and home decorating, etc