PDA

View Full Version : Felted Bubble Bag question

elaineray50
04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Iam attempting to make a bubble bag which will be felted when I finish it. I'm now starting the "bottom". The directions say: Beg dec rnds: (k7,K2 around --(80 sts). Knit 4 rounds even. Does that mean do K7,K2 around 4 times or do that once and then knit 4 more rounds???

RochesterKnitter
04-03-2011, 04:36 PM
*Does that mean do K7,K2 around 4 times, or do that once and then knit 4 more rounds???

The later. Work the decrease row once to 80 sts. Then knit 4 rows of 80sts each that match the sts in that prior row; knit the knits, purl the purls, cable the cables, just no more decreases.

elaineray50
04-03-2011, 05:27 PM
*Does that mean do K7,K2 around 4 times, or do that once and then knit 4 more rounds???

The later. Work the decrease row once to 80 sts. Then knit 4 rows of 80sts each that match the sts in that prior row; knit the knits, purl the purls, cable the cables, just no more decreases.

Thank you sooo much. I am now taking out the second row of dec.! When I started the 2nd row, I thought hmmm, this isn't going to work, because I will keep getting less. I am soo glad you answered my question. I would have had to wait until Tuesday to get help otherwise. My local shop is closed until then!!:muah:

elaineray50
04-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Ok, so I am finished, basically with the bag. The directions now say:
With RS tog. join bottom with 3-needle BO. I know RS is right side but what is 3-needle bind off???

Jan in CA
04-04-2011, 12:07 AM
There is a video at the tab at the top of the page under bind offs. It's pretty easy. Just make sure you have an equal amount of stitches on both sides.

elaineray50
04-04-2011, 12:35 PM
There is a video at the tab at the top of the page under bind offs. It's pretty easy. Just make sure you have an equal amount of stitches on both sides.

I know how to bind off, I just don't know if "3-needle BO" is something altogether different. Is it??

salmonmac
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
As Jan mentioned, look under Free Videos, Cast Off, Three Needle Bind Off. It's a wonderful way of jointing two pieces and binding off at the same time.

Debbie
04-05-2011, 08:11 AM
This is my FAVORITE bag pattern ! Be sure to post a picture !

elaineray50
04-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Thank you ever so much Jan! I finally saw the free video tab last night! I kept looking at the glossary tab and the cast off video there. I was going crazy! :muah:

elaineray50
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
As Jan mentioned, look under Free Videos, Cast Off, Three Needle Bind Off. It's a wonderful way of jointing two pieces and binding off at the same time.

I finally saw the free video tab! I kept looking at the glossary! Thank you for your post!!:inlove:

Jan in CA
04-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I finally saw the free video tab! I kept looking at the glossary! Thank you for your post!!:inlove:

Ohhhh I didn't know you were having trouble finding it. :doh: