PDA

View Full Version : february sweater in DK

monkeyknitter
04-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I am thinking about doing the February Lady sweater in DK instead of the worsted it calls for. Anyone have any helpful experience in what changes Ill need to make?

Ingrid
04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
It would make a big difference in size. You could check the gauge of your dk vs. worsted and multiply your stitches by the percentage difference.

If you're a small, it might be possible to make a larger size, but again, gauge, gauge, gauge.

Jan in CA
04-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Most people, including the designer, have said that you should err on the side of smaller not larger in this pattern so knitting it in your size may be fine. Since it's a raglan you could knit a bit longer if necessary, too. Do a gauge swatch and see how close you are.

When in doubt, size down! When choosing a size to knit go with the size that is closest to your own measurements without going over. This is important because (1) the sweater will grow, and (2) the yoke looks best with a bit of negative ease, so as long as your bust is bigger than your waist, a smaller size is going to fit & flatter you best.

primaknittermom
04-18-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm knitting the Lady Sweater in "sport DK" right now.

I checked my gauge, figured out that I'm getting 75% of the noted gauge and now I'm knitting according to the 44" size which is yielding approximately a 32-33" size sweater. It's working out nicely.