PDA

View Full Version : 2 Skeins of Manos del Uruguay, silk blend yarn

elaineray50
04-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I am a beginning knitter. Recently, while on spring break, I bought 2 skeins of this yarn, simply because it is beautiful. One is a creamy sort of brown, the other is a varigated version of the other. It is a sport weight, and I have a total of 300 yards. Does anyone have any idea what I can make with these 2 skeins??? I don't think at this stage of learning I should have bought yarn without something in mind. Do other people do this?

RochesterKnitter
04-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Plenty of people buy yarn without a project in mind. They find something they love, a great color, a great texture, or better yet a great bargain! It becomes part of his/her stash.

But yes, you have to remember when you do that you likely won't be able to buy any more of it so your future project will be limited by the amount of yarn you have. Of course, you can always "stretch" a great yarn by using it as an accent to a larger project (cuffs, edges, borders, stripes) and mixing it with some other yarn.

Jan in CA
04-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah, we all do that. Walk into a yarn store and say "ooooo prettty!" and before we know it it's in our stash. :lol: That's how stashes are created.

That appears to be DK weight so with 300 yards you could make a pair of mittens, a hat, even a simple baby sweater. What is it you want to make?