PDA

View Full Version : Elegantly Simple Baby blanket

Mimi2
05-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi I'm Mimi and I'm totally stumped. I completed this baby blanket last year and it came out beautiful but for some reason the instructions are drawing a total blank.
Row 1 reads..sl1 wyif,* 3\, (yo,,k1) 5times, yo, /3, p2, rep from* substituting a k1 for the p in the last repeat.
As many times as I have tried I just keep decreasing and end the row with less stitches, of course because I'm decreasing 3 (actually 2 but only adding 1, (5 times)
How did I ever figure this out before?

salmonmac
05-17-2011, 07:26 PM
I assume the /3 or 3\ is k3tog so with the yo you're decreasing 1 each repeat. Does row 2 or a subsequent pattern row compensate for the decreases?

Mimi2
05-17-2011, 07:39 PM
I assume the /3 or 3\ is k3tog so with the yo you're decreasing 1 each repeat. Does row 2 or a subsequent pattern row compensate for the decreases?

Thank-you for your quick reply.
Row 2: sl1 wyif, p13, *k2, p13, rep from * to last stitch, k1.
Row 3: sl1 wyif,* k13, p2, rep from* substituting a k1 for the p2 in the last repeat.
Row 4: Repeat row 2
Repeat these rows until piece measures 45"

suzeeq
05-17-2011, 08:20 PM
You do the (YO k1) 5 times not the k3tog yo k1, so you're making 10 sts out of 5. Like this -
k3tog, yo k yo k yo k yo k yo k k3 tog, p2, repeat.

Mimi2
05-18-2011, 06:50 AM
You do the (YO k1) 5 times not the k3tog yo k1, so you're making 10 sts out of 5. Like this -
k3tog, yo k yo k yo k yo k yo k k3 tog, p2, repeat.

Thank-you so much, now it makes my face really happy....I guess I'm just getting OLD!!!!:) :woot:

suzeeq
05-18-2011, 09:05 AM
When a pattern has sts in () followed by X times, then you repeat just the sts inside it.

Lighting57
05-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi I'm Mimi and I'm totally stumped. I completed this baby blanket last year and it came out beautiful but for some reason the instructions are drawing a total blank.
Row 1 reads..sl1 wyif,* 3\, (yo,,k1) 5times, yo, /3, p2, rep from* substituting a k1 for the p in the last repeat.
As many times as I have tried I just keep decreasing and end the row with less stitches, of course because I'm decreasing 3 (actually 2 but only adding 1, (5 times)
How did I ever figure this out before?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Can you post a picture so we can see the pattern stitch?

Mimi2
05-22-2011, 09:03 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Can you post a picture so we can see the pattern stitch?

Hi, I'm sorry not to reply sooner. I am somewhat computer illiterate but if you type in "Elegantly Simple Baby Blanket" by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer it will show the blanket and pattern.
It is a somewhat easy pattern except for the Row 1 and it is very pretty.

Lighting57
05-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi, I'm sorry not to reply sooner. I am somewhat computer illiterate but if you type in "Elegantly Simple Baby Blanket" by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer it will show the blanket and pattern.
It is a somewhat easy pattern except for the Row 1 and it is very pretty.

That is pretty. A variation of the feather & fan pattern. I have made a copy of the pattern too.

Thanks

kittykins
05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh Mimi! Now I've fallen in love with yet ANOTHER pattern. I'm already hooked on the feather and fan pattern and this is a gorgeous variation of it. Will admit I'm slightly intimidated by some of the instructions :shrug: , but with help from KH friends,I know I can do it!:cheering:

Right now I've got some things I need to finish up before starting anything else. I won't be using the pattern for a blanket though...have some fingering wt.yarn and was thinking of doing a couple repeats for a lightweight scarf. (At least those are my plans at the moment.) Wishing you luck with your blanket! Let us know how it works out. (Post a photo?) Jeanie