PDA

View Full Version : How To Add Captions To Pictures

Lighting57
05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
I need help.

I want to take a picture and place a caption on top without it being
enclosed in a text box. I donít want any of the background picture
to be blocked out, youíll be able to see the picture through the letters.

Windows 7 Home is on my laptop. There are several picture/paint
programs, but I have not been able to find any information or links
that explain how to do this.

What programs do you all use? How do I do this?

Thanks.

Jan in CA
05-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm assuming you want to use a program already on your computer and not purchase one?

You can use Paint which comes with Windows. It should be under accessories. I don't have Windows 7 I have Vista, but it's probably about the same.

If the attached is what you mean then open Paint and the picture you want the text on. Click on the text icon (the letter A) and then click on the picture. Adjust the box size to whatever you want. If the box is white then click the icon at the bottom of the list on the left and it should be clear. Adjust size of the text and the font you want and start typing. If you want it centered then put the cursor at the beginning of the first word and hit the space bar. It takes some practice to get the box the size and placement you want.

ETA: not sure what kind of font you want, but you can download a free program called The Font Thing and look at all the fonts on your computer. Windows has dozens.

Lighting57
05-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm assuming you want to use a program already on your computer and not purchase one?

You can use Paint which comes with Windows. It should be under accessories. I don't have Windows 7 I have Vista, but it's probably about the same.

If the attached is what you mean then open Paint and the picture you want the text on. Click on the text icon (the letter A) and then click on the picture. Adjust the box size to whatever you want. If the box is white then click the icon at the bottom of the list on the left and it should be clear. Adjust size of the text and the font you want and start typing. If you want it centered then put the cursor at the beginning of the first word and hit the space bar. It takes some practice to get the box the size and placement you want.

ETA: not sure what kind of font you want, but you can download a free program called The Font Thing and look at all the fonts on your computer. Windows has dozens.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much. That's just what I wanted.
I knew someone here would have the answer.