View Full Version : Woohoo!!

Jan in CA
06-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Knitting Help is back online! Thanks Sheldon!!:hug:

06-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Ta-daa! Great news. Thanks so much for all the work, Sheldon. So glad to see the website back online.

06-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Yay! It crashed just minutes (or maybe seconds) after I started a thread and I noticed it's not there. I just wanted to mention JIC anyone else posted around that time.

06-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Not everything is working quite right. Sheldon is still fine-tuning. But I am sooo relieved that the website, on the whole, is still intact! :happydance:

Everyone, thanks for your patience!

06-13-2011, 06:48 PM
:woot: :woohoo: :hug: :notworthy:

06-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks! It has been a long 48 hours or so. I didn't sleep at on on the night of the crash. And had very limited sleep last night. Knock on wood, but everything appears to be back up and working again.

06-13-2011, 10:13 PM
So glad you're back, You have been missed.

06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Great job Sheldon, thanks!

06-14-2011, 12:46 AM
All kinds of thoughts raced through my mind when I couldn't get in the site. Had I said something wrong and been banned from the site for life? Did they forget to pay the bills? Was it my computer? I got some error thing saying if I couldn't get in, I could try deleting my DNS cache. Since I don't know what that is, I decided it probably wasn't a good idea. Who knows what might disappear? Did KH do something illegal and get their site seized by the government? I somehow doubt that the government would be interested in a bunch of knitters. Besides, I didn't see an FBI seal with an ominous notice telling me the site had been seized. So I waited a few days and there it was, back in the saddle again. Thanks, Sheldon. We love you!

06-14-2011, 10:36 AM
I knew I was addicted to this wonderful site, but I didn't realize how much until it wasn't there.:waah: Actually think I was beginning to have withdrawal symptoms. Thanks for getting everything up and running again Sheldon. Jeanie

06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Totally agree, though I have been MIA for a while. I'm kind of sick of Ravelry.....ouch, is that heresy? If so, I'm guilty! I love KH because it unites us in the things we love (knitting & crochet) but Ravelry divides because people go off into groups they clique with, and trash everyone who they don't agree with!

06-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Gloryosky!! Well as I live and almost breathe . . . KH is back. I've never seen even a hiccup in the years I've been a member.

This was singularly upsetting because I was already dealing with my computer in which the OS was eaten by some insidious something to the point that I needed a new OS plus extra memory. Not a nice thing to do to anybody I'd say.

After being without my PC for almost 2 weeks I wanted to PM a couple of friends and got nada when I tried to log on to KH. Of course, I thought it was still me trying to learn the new system.

My feelings are extremely mixed. I'm sorry your site was in trouble - course you have Sheldon - however, I'm glad it wasn't me or my new system, so one of my main mantras is still,
"I didn't do it"!
Glad you're back. Jean

Jan in CA
06-14-2011, 07:22 PM
"I didn't do it"!

:roflhard: Nope, not me either! :lol:

06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
I felt responsible, it happened just after I posted :teehee:

06-16-2011, 10:44 PM
When I couldn't get to KH I thought it was down for maintenance. MY browser kept telling me that the site was not available. So I waited and it is finally back up. Thank you Sheldon!