View Full Version : Just simple stripes and flowers...

09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello everyone! I'm back to knitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple stripes and flowers...

I had trip to Russia this summer and I visited my sister's family in Ural.When I get in her kitchen I saw knitted potholders that I made for Julia 13-14 years ago.I was pleasantly suprised-it still in use!!!! I made pictures of them for the memory

It remains me a time when my daughter was newborn baby and I wasn't working,so I have time for knitting and crocheting.I was making a geometric shaped potholders for myself and for everybody, who asked me about it.I guess, i made hundreds of them at that time.Some of them was knitted, some of them-chocheted, or combinated (knitting+ crocheting).I always like knitting more, then chrocheting.I don't have lot of patience for a hook...
Those old potholders on my sister's kitchen also remained me about another not finished work in my house... In 2004( when I was exspecting my last son) I decided to crochet the pillows for me and my relatives.I made 36 chrocheted motifs with flowers and...I lost desire and not finish it... How I already said-I never have patience with a hook...

When I came back to U.S. from Russia I found those 36 motifs in my old boxes and decided to make the blanket.But I really have no desire for crocheting right now,I'm going to knit the stripes around each motif.

Look what I already made.Look unusually,but I like it.

First of all I imaged a big motif like that ( I call it ''5-parts motif'').

I knit such motif, then wet it,then put it on piece of foam and little bit stratch it and shape it with toothpicks.

I plan to make 6 of such ''5-parts motifs'' and put them on the middle of blanket. Then I will put 24 small motifs with flowers around it.This is the small motif:

Then I want to chrochet the stripes around whole blanket.By this way it will be a good size blanket.

Every day more and more new motifs:

Whole blanket will take only 30 small motifs with flowers and It's 6 motifs left. I will use them for pillows.

The blanket will take only 30 motifs from 36.I will use 6 motifs(that left) for the pillows.There are my begginning imagination for pillow patterns

Pillow N 1(one side)

pillow N1(another side)

Pillow N2(one side)

another side of second pillow in progress now. I will show it later.

There are possible motifs for pillow N3

I use a different methods of knitting(crocheting) for my projects.
1-Log cabin method

2-Partial tunician method of chrocheting(knitting).

Some people will say ''tunician knitting'', other people may say-''tunician crocheting'',because it's something between crocheting and knitting.

Why it's only ''partial''tunician knitting, and how I'm making it-I can explain in details, if someone interested.

Good luck to everybody with your knitting, or crocheting, or...BOTH!!!

Jan in CA
09-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Those all look great, Lima! So nice that your potholders are still being used, too!

09-30-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm so glad you're back to knitting. It's wonderful to see your work in all it's glorious colors and I look forward to seeing the finished blanket. Sounds like a good plan for the finished project and lots of fun along the way.

09-30-2011, 08:11 AM
It is always wonderful to see your hard work still being put to use when you give gifts. Your projects will be beautiful when finished. We love forward to seeing them.

10-15-2011, 12:50 PM
More and more new motifs every day

10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
You're such a creative knitter!

10-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Wow! These are eye-popping and very pretty. I should sneakily send you all my excess yarn just to see what you can do with it! Nyah! You've probably got plenty of your own! :wink: