PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Yarn Requested

Lighting57
11-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I have a young friend (35) that has spent many years caring for her mother (stroke victim). They manage to get by on her mother’s monthly check, but that leaves her little to nothing for extras. She has taught herself to crochet, her only outlet in life it seems. I ask that if any of you have unwanted acrylic yarn (Red Heart, Caron Simply Soft, I Love This Yarn, etc.); scraps, partial, or whole skeins, please consider giving them to her. Contact me and I will pay for mailing cost and ask that you send the yarn to her address. She lives in Georgia. I live in South Carolina. I know she would greatly appreciate your gift and it would brighten her life.

Jan in CA
11-09-2011, 01:44 AM
I probably have some, but I'm not sure they are full skeins. Let me look and see what I have and see if it's worth sending.

Lighting57
11-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I probably have some, but I'm not sure they are full skeins. Let me look and see what I have and see if it's worth sending.

Thanks Jan!

Lighting57
11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
There has been two people to respond and I appreciate so much what you have done for my friend. She was thrilled with the package she received yesterday and I know the other will be just as exciting for her. :hug:

Sandra

justplaincharlotte
11-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Just saw your post. I normally don't look here, because I'm trying to contain my yarn collecting habit.

Does it have to be worsted? I have oodles of sport weight acrylic, but only a little worsted. Would a mixed bag of goodies work?

Lighting57
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Just saw your post. I normally don't look here, because I'm trying to contain my yarn collecting habit.

Does it have to be worsted? I have oodles of sport weight acrylic, but only a little worsted. Would a mixed bag of goodies work?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

She should be able to use the sport weight acrylics. It will give her a chance to work with something other than worsted.

justplaincharlotte
11-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Let me find a box. I'll start packing the mixed bag o' goodies. :) Would you PM me her address, please? Thanks!

Doublereeder2
11-13-2011, 11:04 PM
I have some too... PM me her name and address and I'll get it in the mail :)

DogCatMom
11-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Please look for my PM.

DCM

Jan in CA
12-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Does she still need yarn? I've cleaned out one section of my yarn stash and have several skeins and partial skeins that are acrylic.

ChatyKathy
12-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I can check and see what I have also I know I have some with alot of the same skein and can send. Dont worry about the postage just pm me her address and will get it out Monday if you are still wanting some for her.

Lighting57
12-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Does she still need yarn? I've cleaned out one section of my yarn stash and have several skeins and partial skeins that are acrylic.

PM sent to you.

Lighting57
12-18-2011, 08:37 AM
I can check and see what I have also I know I have some with alot of the same skein and can send. Dont worry about the postage just pm me her address and will get it out Monday if you are still wanting some for her.

PM sent to you.

offgridgirl
01-01-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.ravelry.com/people/offgridgirl/stash/luxuria

Here is some wool from my stash, would she be interested??

Let me know...:cool:

Lighting57
01-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Thank you for your offer, but acrylic is what she works with.
She makes gifts for others and they need to be machine washable so others won't accidentally ruin them the first time they are washed.

Jan in CA
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
I didn't have time to mail my package over the holidays, but I should be able to this week. I'll let you know when I do.

Lighting57
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
I didn't have time to mail my package over the holidays, but I should be able to this week. I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks Jan.

Kanaye
05-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Its been a while since your last post but... is she still in need of yarn? I have quite a few skeins of Red Heart I can send.

DogCatMom
05-07-2012, 01:46 AM
And I've received a large donation of acrylic yarn from someone who gave it to me after I told her I give it all away, so I have more. :)

I've already given a lot to local projects I'm involved with and to a project in Haiti I found out about through Ravelry, but please let us know about your friend.

DogCatMom

nonny2t
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I know I have stuff I can send her so PM me her name and address I will go through stuff and send her what I have. I know I have a couple full skeins of Caron I think and other stuff too. Be glad to do it and forget the postage. It doesn't cost much to help out someone else and if it brings a bit of joy into her life then it surely brings joy into mine!

Jan in CA
05-11-2012, 03:27 PM
I found out a few months ago that our LYS has a woman who teaches knitting to a group of disadvantaged women and needed yarn. They learn to knit and then sell their results. I think they are full up right now so if I get something in the meantime as I sort I will see if some of it can go to your friend if she still needs it.

Lighting57
05-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Thank you. I'm sure she can use it. If not just now, in the future when she starts making Christmas gifts.