PDA

View Full Version : Lace!

Daylilydayzed
02-12-2012, 03:27 PM
I am knitting lace from Jackie at HeartstringsKnitting. I signed up for the lace knitting tutorial. It is lace to go on a baby sock cuff. I do not have grand-babies(grandsons are 11 and 6) but my neighbor across the street from us is having twin girls later this summer. I see some pink yarn and pink crochet thread to knit the lace for the socks in my future yarn purchases.

Antares
02-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Wonderful! I can't wait to see some pictures!

I hope the tutorial exceeds your expectations!

justplaincharlotte
02-13-2012, 01:22 AM
How awesome! Please let us know how you like the tutorial!

ArtLady1981
02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh lovely! It is always admirable when knitters expand their horizons! I love lace knitting, especially little bits of lacy stuff...like using lace on the edges of cuffs, etc. instead of plain ribbing!

Daylilydayzed
02-17-2012, 08:28 PM
The lace is so pretty. But I have to wait till I get paid again before I can make them. The hardest part of it was learning how to start the first row with a yarn over. I tried it with some baby yarn and larger needles. I have some smaller needles already for the lace, just need the pink thread.

justplaincharlotte
02-18-2012, 08:30 PM
The hardest part of it was learning how to start the first row with a yarn over. I tried it with some baby yarn and larger needles. I have some smaller needles already for the lace, just need the pink thread.

My first thought was :zombie: on starting a row with a YO in thread! Now it's :notworthy:

And you've got me really intrigued!

What size needles are you using for the thread?