View Full Version : I Need Help

03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I made an afghan for an elderly neighbor last Christmas. She has asked me to make a matching pillow for the bottom of her wooden rocker. I have all the yarn needed except one. Please, fellow knitters, look through your yarn scraps and see if you have Caron Simply Soft in Plum Wine. I need less than 1/2 skein. None of the stores sell it. I have found it for sale on line. One skein plus mailing cost comes to over $10 at all of the ones I searched. That is just too much for me to shell out when all I need is 1/2 skein or less. I would not have placed this here, but I'm getting desperate. I promised my friend I would do it a month ago and I felt more people would read it here than in the for sale/trade forum.

Moderator's feel free to delete if you need to.

03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I've seen it in Walmart, but yours might be out. You can post in the Buy/Sell/Swap Forum too.

03-08-2012, 11:50 AM
None of the stores within 40 miles of me sell it, including Wal-Mart (they only have the very basic four colors of CSS). I did post it in the Buy/Sell/Swap Forum. I thought more people might read it here than there and perhaps one of them will have it among their scraps. It is very similar to Victorian Rose, just darker.

03-08-2012, 11:56 AM
And you checked Ravelry, where several people have it in their stash and might be willing to sell it?

I'll check my Wal-Mart next time I'm there--unless someone else helps you first.

03-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes I know the color I have a scarf and hat from it. Do look on ravelry, I'm sure you'll be able to find some avaiable there.

03-09-2012, 12:23 PM
I have sent PM's to those that have it in their stash and state that it is FSOT, but I haven't gotten any responses yet.