PDA

View Full Version : FO Baby blanket

Mokume
03-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I finished my first attempt at a pieced-together blanket. My ultimate goal is to make a covering for my (very large) bed, so I thought I'd start small:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/423363_402585106434536_100000491499336_1634122_381 6385_n.jpg

The flower in upper left tucks through the loop opposite to act as a loose button.
There are a lot of technical flaws (like the squares not actually being square!) but I learned a lot from it, and that was the main goal.
The finished product is cozy, colorful, and machine washable, so I hope the 6-month-old I made it for won't be too critical. ;)

Antares
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
That's a great looking baby blanket! I bet some of the "un-squareness" will wash out, don't you think?

I like the fact that it can be buttoned closed, too. In fact, I should make some kind of similar blanket for my husband--maybe one that attaches to three sides of the bed--because his covers ALWAYS end up on the floor!

Meanwhile, this little kiddo's got a warm, gorgeous blanket to enjoy!!

:yay:

GrumpyGramma
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Betcha baby loves snuggling up in that. I like your colors.

Jan in CA
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Very pretty!

I made a crocheted cover for my bed once (CA King)..by the time I got done with it I was so sick of it I immediately dumped it in the Goodwill. :lol:

Mokume
03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys, the colors are all pretty washed out in the picture; I basically fell in love with the green (LionBrand Forest Green Heather) and picked up whatever matched. The weird thing is I only needed one skein each of green, purple, and blue, but the yellow skein was 2 yards short! So, I had to make a special trip to the store just for that, and now I have almost 200 extra yards of yellow. Maybe I'll go knit some tulips and pretend spring is here already...

And Jan, your experience bodes ill for me, as a Ca King is my eventual goal. Maybe I can find a pattern that features cats; I'm an avowed cat lover, so I'd never get tired of it then. Right? :o

GrumpyGramma
03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
And Jan, your experience bodes ill for me, as a Ca King is my eventual goal. Maybe I can find a pattern that features cats; I'm an avowed cat lover, so I'd never get tired of it then. Right? :o

Cats? Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5dt2dPYsY. I've done it and my grandson who is very literal could see the cats w/o being told they were there so it worked for me. I don't remember what I made now :teehee: but my granddaughter liked it.

Very pretty!

I made a crocheted cover for my bed once (CA King)..by the time I got done with it I was so sick of it I immediately dumped it in the Goodwill. :lol:

My daughter has a log cabin crocheted blanket that is at least 6' square. She rarely asks for something specific so when she wanted it for her birthday, I said OK.. She loves it. I'm not sure I would have wanted to keep it for myself, I understand.

dreamsherl
03-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Pretty

salmonmac
03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
This is a very successful first blanket. You chose strong colors in a very pleasing combination. It's really a delight to look at and I'm sure it will delight baby and family. Great job!

nonny2t
03-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Very cute and great colors too

setty09
03-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Great job on your first blanket! It looks lovely, very warm and cozy.

justplaincharlotte
03-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Very nice!!! :happydance:

ArtLady1981
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
It's a great blanket! I like your choice of colors! They're great together...just the right shade of each. Not everyone gets that right!