PDA

View Full Version : Saw very cool pink knitted hat on 'Without a Trace' rerun

DebMomOf3
05-05-2012, 04:38 AM
I was up late watching a rerun of Without a Trace from 2007 and one of the actresses was wearing an adorable hat - I couldn't tell if it was hand-knitted or store-bought. I took a couple of quick photos of the screen - does anyone know if this is a hand-knit hat, and if so, I would love to find the pattern for it. I know this is a long shot, but a Google search didn't turn anything up, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7077/6998256054_1c77b25c0a.jpg

GrumpyGramma
05-05-2012, 05:58 PM
That's an interesting hat. I think you might have a real challenge finding a pattern for it, I wouldn't have a clue how to narrow it down. If you know the name of the stitch pattern, maybe you could work out how to do work a band with the different patterns and create your own hat. Just a thought...FWIW. I wish you luck it getting it worked out. I think it looks pretty cool.

Krystite
05-30-2012, 11:56 AM
I dont know about a pattern. But depending on your skill you could look at taking a different hat pattern and putting in those designs. Maybe dividing it into quarters and adding in the different stitches. I know the wirey cable knit is shown here ( under tips i believe).

Hope this helps

Krystite
05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Cant see it all but the rim appears to be ribbing (3-5 knit stitches and then the same number of purl stitches repeated). Look around the forums and see about cutting and pasting a pattern?