PDA

View Full Version : Some Clarification on a Washcloth

eyerawk
05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Ugh, I've been tackling this washcloth for days

http://www.groupepp.com/dishbout/kpatterns/lacymockcable.html

seems easy, but I am a newbie knitter..
Everything goes fine ..untill row 11
where it says... " k2, yo, rep from *... well then the next thing I would do is P2, but.. the yarn is already in front (from the 'yo).. I know there needs to be an increase in here somewhere but if the yarn is in front already and I do the purl.. it will just be a purl.. I'm confused on this and ripped back several times already because If I do exactly what it says..there are not enough stitches on the needle for the next row.. grr!

I wanted this done for my mother's b-day.. but sadly that's today.. :( maybe with your help by mother's day?

suzeeq
05-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Think of a yo as a wrap around the needle rather than 'yf, knit the next stitch'. So wrap the yarn all the way around the needle as if you were making a knit stitch, then bring the yarn to the front to do the purl.

eyerawk
05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok Suzeeq, I'm going to give it a shot and let you know how it goes!

Ty for your input! :)

eyerawk
05-07-2012, 11:04 PM
SUCCESS! THANKS TO YOU SUZEEQ!! :muah:

suzeeq
05-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Yay!

I really think that instructions that say to do a yo as yf and knit/work the next st are too imprecise. That's only valid if the yo is between 2 knits. It's much better to present it as wrapping the yarn around the needle as for a knit stitch.

eyerawk
05-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I agree! I'm a beginner and started from a small knitting book that came with a kit. Such Confusion. This forum + videos has been so helpful!