PDA

View Full Version : On the Home Stretch......

NorthernIrelandKnitter
06-23-2012, 11:06 AM
.......with my purple cardi. I'm working on the shaping of the 2nd sleeve, having completed the back and 2 front sides already. I think it will be quite big on as I was much bigger when I started than I am now.

Gillian

Jan in CA
06-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Good for you! If it's a little big you can wear it around the house as a nice comfy, warm sweater.

nonny2t
06-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Nothing better than a snuggly cardigan even if it is big and isn't it always grand to say something is too big and the reason is not because you messed up the knitting but because you are smaller! :)

salmonmac
06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
This really is the home stretch. Good luck finishing up and enjoy wearing the purple cardi!

Antares
06-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Go Gillian! Go Gillian! Go Gillian!

(A little cheerleading in case you need an extra boost! :wink: ). Can't wait to see your marvelous purple creation!

ArtLady1981
06-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Keep hangin' in there!!!

NorthernIrelandKnitter
07-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm not there just yet as I was away for a few days and just had a small project with me and haven't taken up the cardi again, but I will get there. It has been a long time on the needles, one of the reasons being that there was an error in the pattern and I had to email the magazine where I found it to get it sorted. It took a long time, but eventually they emailed me the correct version.

Gillian

dturner
07-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Nothing better than a snuggly cardigan even if it is big and isn't it always grand to say something is too big and the reason is not because you messed up the knitting but because you are smaller! :)

I agree! I can't wait to see the sweater!