PDA

View Full Version : How to change purl to knit but three or more rows below where you're up to??

DavidSydney63
07-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi there, I'm knitting a beanie in the round and it's worked as 2 x 2 rib. I've noticed, to my complete frustration, that I've knitted two purls stitches instead of two knit stitches at the "back" of the beanie. Let me explain "back". I decided to have four consecutive knit stitches then the rest purl 2 knit 2, etc. So that I can easily see the back of the beanie and when to change colour.

I mustn't have been concentrating last nigth as I knitted and didn't notice that I'd just done 2 purls and 2 knits instead of 4 knits (the central point). How can I correct this without having to unravel rows of beautiful knitting??

thanks - David

Ingrid
07-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome!

We have a video that addresses your problem:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/correcting-a-stitch-several-rows-back

DavidSydney63
07-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Dear Ingrid - thank you, I'll check that out! Appreciate it. David x

salmonmac
07-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi David and welcome to KH!
You can always use a stitch marker to alert you to the change in color or beginning of round etc. The marker can be as simple as a knotted circle of yarn or it can be store-bought.
Enjoy your knitting.

DavidSydney63
07-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Dear Ingrid - I checked out that video link. You are WONDERUL, thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. This worked a treat, was not nerve-wracking (as I suspected it might be) and now my buggered-up stitch is fixed (sorry about my Aussie vernacular!). David xoxoxoxxo

Ingrid
07-13-2012, 08:12 PM
:thumbsup: Aussie vernacular accepted here!

Tntgin4118
07-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Welcome!

We have a video that addresses your problem:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/correcting-a-stitch-several-rows-back

Ingrid, this is Awesome, AWEsome, AWESOME!!! :yay:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

-Ginger

Ingrid
07-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Ingrid, this is Awesome, AWEsome, AWESOME!!! :yay:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.