PDA

View Full Version : cable stitches and holes

disha
07-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Helloo guys really need help I'm worried that do I need to open 50 rows now I'm very close to finish the sweater
I just saw that the sweater had cable stiches and the stich after the cable stich done and the next stich has a hole between and looseness
How should I fix it
I'm afraid once I block the sweater won't the stich or that thread would bcome loose and won't it tear froom there. After its worn
What should I do and mend it???
And what should be taken care while doing cable stitches
Does this always happens or its my mistake :(

disha
07-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm trying to attatch a pic but I don't know some how the choose file option is not working

suzeeq
07-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Don't worry, we may not need a picture. This is normal with cables, it's because the sts are crossed. If you pull down on your work a little, it's less obvious and when you're done and wash the sweater it probably won't be noticeable. If you try to knit tighter that makes it worse, so keep a loose to normal tension on the cable stitches.

disha
07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Oh I tried to push the needle in the stich below and made it loose so that it gets tighter
I guess I shouldn't even do this
thank you soo much fr the reply

salmonmac
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Here are some techniques (http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2010/03/uneven-knitting-part-3-fixing-loose.html) to try on a swatch or next time you knit cables.