PDA

View Full Version : Rosebud hoodie pattern help PLEASE!!!

Knithead12
07-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Hello all! I am new to the forum so I will officially introduce myself. My name is Alicia and I live with my hubby and 3 kids in South Carolina. Now on to the real matter of this post. I am in the process of knitting a baby sweater called the "Rosebud Hoodie" and am stuck on the shaping of the shoulders and neck. The pattern says "(RS) Bind off 11 sts at beg of next 2 rows for shoulders; place rem 18 sts on holder for neck." I'm confused on whether I start binding these off from the edge and work my way toward the center or if I need to do something else. I'm also not understanding the "beg of next 2 rows" part. I should note that there are 40 sts on my hook right now per previous instructions and no additional colors are being added to the sweater. Please help me cuz I have googled and looked on YouTube for help and have yet to find anything useful. Thank you in advance and hope to hear from ya'll soon :-)

salmonmac
07-21-2012, 04:51 AM
Welcome to KnittingHelp, Alicia! We're glad to have you here.

Your interpretation is right. With the RS facing you, bind off the first 11sts, knit to the end, turn as you normally do at the end of the row, bind off the first 11sts and purl to the end of the row. It's a very sweet pattern that looks like lots of fun to knit.
http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss37s_rosebud_hoodie.html

Knithead12
07-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Thank u so very much Salmonmac for the help! :-) it seems so simple now that it's done but I was so scared to just do it and risk ruining the work. Thank you it is definitely a cute pattern and can't wait to see the end result.

salmonmac
07-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Don't worry about making a mistake. You can see what it looks like and if it's not right, you can always pull it out and re-do it.
Glad you're on your way with this.