PDA

View Full Version : yikes! Vogue knitting chart challanged!

courage3693
08-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I am trying to knit the Lacy coat in the early fall 2012 issue of Vogue Knitting. I have no problem with the actual stitches presented in the 3 charts starting the border of the coat....but I have no idea how to combine the charts.....am I to assume that row 1 of all three charts are the same 'row 1'....?

If anyone has the magazine, the picture is on page 50/51; beginning instructions on pp 80 and page 113 has the 3 charts in question (and they have been revised in vogueknitting.com).

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
carolann

Jan in CA
08-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't have the magazine and tend to avoid charts, but most of patterns tell you which chart you should use. Does this pattern not do that?

Here's the Ravelry link - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/01-lace-coat
Some errata was mentioned in the projects you might check, too. I didn't read them all so take a look at them.

salmonmac
08-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Wow, this is some project! It's a beautiful coat.
The directions for the border are to work charts 1,2 and 3 for hem edging as follows: work row 1 of chart 1 once, repeat row 1 of chart 2, 8 times for size small, repeat row 1 of chart 3 once. So then for row 2 of the border you'd do row 2 of chart 3 once, row 2 of chart 2, 8 times and row 2 of chart 1 once and so on up the 24 rows of each chart.
So, yes, row 1 of all three charts is used in row 1 of the border.
And it sounds like you 've done the single most important thing to do before starting a VK pattern, and that is to check the errata online. Good luck with the coat and do please post a photo when you finish.