PDA

View Full Version : (Was:I'm making a Pattern Book) SORRY, old news, no longer!

amy
12-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Update: this is old news, which has changed. No longer doing a book, I used those patterns for my Knitty Gritty episode! :thumbsup: see new post below, 3/12/06.

Original post is as follows:
You heard it here first!

I never had any desire to do this, until I was talking with my husband a couple of nights ago, and spontaneously came up with a few very original ideas for patterns. Things I'd really like to design and share! These ideas lead me to a theme, and with some more brainstorming that same night, I came up with several more ideas that I'm really excited about! By the end of the night, I knew I was going to make a book!

I've already embarked on a few of the projects. I can't wait to share them all with you! For now, the project ideas are very hush hush. The theme, I think, and the patterns, are different enough that just describing them would be giving away too much at this early stage. (I don't want others creating similar patterns, because, as far as I know, many of these concepts have never been created before!)

If any of you have connections to publishers, let me know!

I'm so excited!
Amy

Nuno930
12-21-2004, 10:51 AM
I have no connections (sorry) but i am so excited!!!! That is awesome!!!

Chris
12-21-2004, 06:27 PM
COOL!! See..My post called "amy's Book" was prophetic!!!

amigarabita
12-21-2004, 10:27 PM
hey, congrats. i've had a similar epiphany lately, about running my own crafty bizness. also too early to disclose. maybe it is something in the stars?!

amy
12-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks Nuno, Chris and Amigarabita!

Chris, I thought the same thing: your post was prophetic! LOL :)

Amigarabita, I hope you go for it! If you're into the crafty thing, it can be a lot of fun. I once worked for a full-time crafter when I was a kid. It was a kick. I didn't like her model, though, because she basically did mass production of the same patterns. Not my thing at all! I guess I need variety! But if you can manage to keep it interesting for you, then there's nothing better!!

Actually, if you're interested, I have a crafty project for you. I've been sewing these knitting needle organizers, and I'm already tired of making them. Wanna take over? See the "Buy/Sell/Trade" forum for the thread. Email me if you're interested!

Amy

Celine
03-11-2006, 07:32 AM
I love "your" website. This is my favorite place to be!! :XX: :XX:

How is your pattern book coming along?? I will certainly buy it when its available!! Keep us posted. :D

Danielle
03-11-2006, 09:07 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Ellen Edwards
03-11-2006, 09:25 PM
AMY!! I just caught this thread this time around!! I can't wait to see what you come up with---its gonna be grand!! :heart: :cheering:

Andrea
03-12-2006, 05:43 AM
:cheering:

AidanM
03-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Amy, I'm a writer and I've been researching publishing QUITE extensively so if you have any questions feel free to PM me or just post a message here - I'm sure I'll see it!

Best of luck with the projects!

amy
03-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Oh no, LOL, I forgot I had announced this so long ago. Well, things have shifted gears with that project. The top secret theme of the patterns was my "hidden pocket" patterns. Instead of doing a book with them, I pitched them to Knitty Gritty, and those were the projects I featured on that show! A different media than book format, but very good exposure for this site of course. The patterns will all be published on the web. 2 of them on Knitty Gritty's site and possibly here as well, and then a 3rd pattern will be published here, in fact I hope to have it up soon. :D

Rennagayle
03-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Okay, I'm confused. Were you on Knitty Gritty, Amy, or do you mean they used your patterns on the show? :??

Sara
03-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Amy taped an episode of Knitty Gritty, but it hasn't been on the air yet. :thumbsup:

Rennagayle
03-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks, Sara! I was out of the Knitting Helps pocket for awhile, so that big news must have been announced while I was gone. That is SO cool! :cheering:

I am assuming someone will let us know when it's due to be aired? First Marnie, now Amy, what celebrities we're getting in our midst! :mrgreen: